Chapter 21

It didn't feel like I was asleep long when my alarm went off and I was really dreading this day. Just hope it is a good day.

I got up and got dressed and went upstairs. I heard talking in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and everyone was there eating breakfast.

"Good morning honey. Do you want some breakfast?"

"Of course, I'm starving."

I walked to the bar and fixed me a plate, I walked to the table and walked passed Luka. I bend over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He looked up at me and smile and mouthed I love you. I smiled. I sat down and started to eat.

"We need to leave about ten minutes so we can get there and get this over with but no matter what the outcome is we are all still family and we will work through this."

My father the hallmark card.

"We will not all fit in the car so I and Luka will go in mine and follow you there."

My dad shook his head. We got in the car and drove away. We were listening to some music when Luka said.

"I'm really scared."

"About what?"

"The outcome of this because I will gain a dad but you will lose one, either way, one of us losing."

I knew he was right but I didn't want to think to navigate and I didn't want anything to change between us.

"The only thing I'm worried about is this going to change us."

He looked at me and smiled.

"No matter what, you will always be in my life and as my girlfriend."

I smiled.

We arrived at the hospital. We walked in and stopped at the counter.

"May I help you?" The nurse asked us.

"I, Becca and Luka have an appointment to get a DNA test done."

The nurse looked at her book and shook her head. The nurse asked my dad's name.

"Yes, sir, just fill out these forms."

She handed the clipboard to my dad. We walked into the waiting room.

"Do you want me to fill it out for you honey?"

My mom asked.

He handed her the clipboard and she started to write.

She knew this was hard for him, knowing that there is a chance that the child he raised all these years is not his.

She finished with the paperwork and walked to the nurse and handed her the clipboard.

The nurse took it and said that the doctor would be with us. She walked back to us and sat next to my dad. She grabbed his hand. He looked at her and smiled.

I was sitting next to Luka and I grabbed his hand and kissed it. He looked at me and smiled and mouthed I love you. I mouthed back me too.

The nurse called our name and we went to her, she started to walk and we followed her. I was getting nervous, it just became real.

We walked into a room. The nurse said that the doctor would be with us. We waited for about five minutes when the door opened. The doctor walked in.

"So, we are here to get DNA test for all of you?"

"Yes, we just found out that there is a possibility that she isn't mine and he is."

"Well, we can get this straighten out today. The nurse will come in and get all of your blood and then we will get the results as soon as possible."