5

October 3 12:21 pm ; Ashley

"Hows your pizza?" Matthew asks.

"Good." I respond a bit too distantly. My eyes were trailing off from the sidewalk then slowly up to the peaceful autum sky.

I stand up from the small concrete table and throw my trash away in a green trash can. I was still looking up at the sky, carefully avoiding my gaze away from the sun. The clouds were a slight darker shade than yesterday. It was subtle in a way. They were spread apart from other clouds, isolated from each other in the bright blue sky.

"I see you like the sky." Matthew says as he takes the last bite of his pizza.

"There weren't any days like these in the autumn in North Carolina." I reply honestly. the sky never had this much of a brilliant blue. It was just plain dull and lifeless. The clouds were overcasting the sky most of the times in the part I lived in.

"Oh. I see." He replies casually and throws his plate away in the trash can. Matthew motioned me over to him and I finally caught on and followed him into the parking lot and to his car.

Matthew enters the drivers side, as I enter the passenger side and he puts on his seat belt. I put on mine as well and he pulls the keys into the ignition and carefully reverses out of the tight parking spot.

"So how do you like it here?" Matthew asks after we stopped at the first stop light.

"Its nice. I enjoy the scenery and weather." I reply as I look out the window with my head resting on it.

"Yeah I kind of noticed that you like to stare at the sky a lot. You like the weather?" Matthew asks. I was pretty taken aback that he actually noticed the little things that I did so quickly

"well yes and no. it depends."

"Why are you always late for acting class?" I ask completely out of the blue.

He sighs and stops at a red light and turns his head slightly to face mine.

"I don't come late to class on purpose. But today I could come on time." He frowns

"What's the reason?" I ask.

"I- uh." He looks down and takes his hands off the steering wheel.

"Its not important now." He says and starts to drive through the green light.

"oh. I'm sorry." I say, looking out the window feeling ashamed for being so curious.

"No, Its alright" He says and places his hand on my shoulder and rubs it for a second.

His touch made me tense up a little. I really had no physical contact with other people for awhile. No one really made those kinds of gestures to me for months. Except yesterday when Mya and I hugged.

Matthew lifts his hand off my shoulder and my body starts to relax.

He turns on the radio to soft music that I know and I quietly hum as I rest my head up against the window.

"What are your hobbies?" he asked as we started to park in the school parking lot.

"Well, I like to dance. I also like to read. speaking of read, I need my glasses back so I can read."

"Fine" He huffs.

after the truck was parked, Matthew and I exited the car and he dug in his bag to find my glasses. After about 2 minutes of searching, He took out my small glasses and handed them to me.

I mutter a small 'thank you' and walk inside school. I immediately went into the music room to work on a song that I'm currently writing.

I'm having writers block for it so its taking a while.