11

October 5 6:00 pm ; Ashley

"See? A dress isn't that bad." Mya says and puts the full body mirror right in front of me.

I don't like this dress. It makes me feel insecure.

I start to nervously pull the hem of my dress down and stretch the neck of the dress that is lace.

After 3 hours of arguing about what I wear, I finally gave up when Mya said she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the week if I didn't wear a dress. What I nice friend.

Now she is trying to talk me into makeup but that's a huge no-no for me. The only time I wear makeup is for dance recitals. And is this a recital?

no, its a high school party.

"I don't like this dress." I frown as I cross my legs over each other and place my left hand on my right shoulder and right hand on my left shoulder.

"Ashley, you look amazing okay?" She says and grabs both of my hands and place it to the sides of my body.

"You have the perfect body. Why do you feel so insecure?" She asks.

"You try being the curviest person in a class full of dancers. I feel like an outcast because I'm the only one with curves." I say then slouch and roll my shoulders forward.

"You look beautiful okay?" She says and pulls my shoulders back.

"Have confidence, you have beautiful features and a very feminine body. I'm so jealous of yours!" She exclaims.

"I want to be flat chested." I frown.

"Come here, its not that big of a deal." She says and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Now let's add accessories " She smiles while both of her hands are on my shoulders.

I nod my head as she sits me down on one of her purple chairs. She starts to pull out every single red accessory like bracelets, rings, earnings, purses.

She kept studying them closely to see which one matches the dress better.

I feel guilty having her do all of these nice things for me. She said that I could keep the dress which probably costed $40.

"You know, you really don't have to do this."

"Oh please. I just like to doll people up. And this dress doesn't fit me anymore anyways." She shrugs.

Her face lights up as soon as she sees a pair of red earings that look like rubies.

"Put them on." She instructed and handed them to me.

"Are these real?!" I ask having a mini panic attack.

"I think so." She shrugs.

"No, I don't want you to lend me these. I will loose them. these must be so valuable to you." I say and try to give them back to her.

"I can buy a new pair. Doesn't matter. Now put them on."

"Stop being so kind to me. You're being so generous and I feel so bad."

"thank you. But I won't stop. Put them on!"

I quickly put on the earnings so she wouldn't get mad at me and she hands me a black dress jacket.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Its cold outside. And it matches your outfit." She smiles.

I slip the jacket on and I look in the mirror.

"See? You look absolutely gorgeous."

She puts the full body mirror back in her closet and hands me a red ruby bracelet and black heels.