1*

October 2 8:45 am ; Ashley

"Okay Ashley, tell a little bit about yourself." My new teacher motioned me up to the front of he classroom.

I stood up slowly and walked to the front. I don't understand the point of walking all the way to the front for one lousy introduction. All of the eyes in this room were fixated onto me, making me feel nervous and out of place. I fiddled with my hands slightly and picked at a stray thread on my uniform.

I always hated introducing myself. I just always felt nervous talking in front of a crowd. Standing in front of thirty people was too much for me. I felt pressured that I would mess up or stutter my words but I only tried to push that thought in the back of my head.

I sigh and I open my mouth to talk, "Hi. Um. I'm Ashley Davis. I'm 15 and my hobby is dance."

"Now tell us the reason why you moved here, Ashley." The teacher began.

I froze right on the spot. My fingers twitched and I leaned up against the white board, biting my lip. Do all teachers ask that when a new student comes strolling into class? That's a bit of a personal question.

As if I felt the walls closing in on me, my heart was pounding against my rib cage. I felt my eyes darting all around the room and then to the empty seat, the seat that I wish I was sitting at during this moment. I felt my posture sink like a heavy burden was set onto the two of my shoulders. And I look over to the teachers desk and gave the woman a flat look.

"That's a bit personal, don't you think?" I scoff.

Something I needed was a few more people asking about my personal life. Sarcasm intended.

I walked back to my seat with everyones eyes boring into my skin. I just hated the feeling of attention. It made me feel like every step I was taking look like I was doing something wrong, like they were judging me.

I slumped down into my seat, the teacher cleared her throat and began speaking on today's topic.

"Can you please pick up that eraser over there for me?" A voice said behind me.

I nod my head without turning around to see who the person was, and reach down to the white chunk eraser. I turn around in my seat and place the eraser on the desk and looked up to see the girl who was talking to me.

She had firey red hair and light brown eyes. She was physically flawless, with the long eyelashes that every girl would kill for, and high cheek bones and light caramel skin.

She smiled politely at me and I send her a small toothless smile in return. "I'm Mya." Says the red haired girl

"Ashley." I said and give her a small wave.

"Hey, If you want, you can sit by me at lunch." She offered politely.

I purse my lips into a thin line, thinking it would be a good chance to meet new people and no one else would probably offer something very kind. I accepted and nodded my head. "I would like that." I thinly smile back.

I turn back around in my seat ignoring the teachers lecture about the 'fascinating world of acting'. I never signed up for this class. Everything else was taken and I was put here unwillingly.

The teacher turned the projection screen on and, words and pictures from a slide show popped up

A loud bang then echoes throughout the room, and I assume that it was the door slamming open. I rolled my eyes in irritation and doodled in my composition book laying down and opened in front of my eyes.

"Mr. Espinosa. Care to explain why you were late again?" The teacher said. I really need to know her name at this point.

"I'd rather not." The boy says.