6

October 3, 2:45 ; Ashley

Right now, School finally ended and I've been dreading ever since Matthew and I got caught from using the music room.

I opened my locker and stuffed all the books that are not needed until tomorrow.

Luckily none of my classes were assigned homework so I can do whatever the hell I want to.

"Okay I think you don't know the rules here." A person said.

I turn around and see Victoria standing 2 feet away from me. Her hands were on her hips and her eyes were narrowed.

I just stand there giving her a blank look.

"You didn't know that Matthew and I are sort of a thing? So he's like my property" She snaps.

"Okay? Why should I care?" I say and close my locker not giving her eye contact.

"Don't go near him, don't touch him, don't look at him, and don't talk to him Or-"

"Or what? You don't know me and you don't control me. So don't even bother trying to threaten me because human beings can't be 'Your property'. I can hang out with whoever I want to, so stop trying to confront me, because you're sort of embarrassing yourself" I say while using air quotes on yourproperty.

I stomp my way past the people who were eavesdropping and push open the school doors.

A few people were outside talking to other people because most were still in the building.

And the thing I don't get is that Victoria would threaten me to not have any contact with Matthew. She even said he was her property!

"Ashley!"

I turn around to see the person who called my name and I see Mya.

"Hey" I say.

She holds her hand up signaling me to give her a high- five.

I give her a high give but I give her a blank look.

"For standing up to Victoria silly!" She laughs and smiles.

"she's a real bitch" I say and roll my eyes.

"You got that right." She says annoyingly.

"Who are you thinking about partnering up with for acting class?" I ask.

"I don't know. Can I be your partner? Hazel is with Isaac and I don't want to be with Matt cause we hangout with each other to much and its getting soooo irritating" she groans.

"Sure I would love to be your partner."

"Hey do you want to hangout at my house? We just have to wait for Matt." She says groaning the last part

"Sure I just have to text my dad but why do we have to wait for Matthew?" I ask.

"He's my cousin" She says nonchalantly and rolls her eyes.

"Matthew? Yourcousin?" I say rather surprised.

"You two are nothing alike!" I exclaim.

"I know right?" She laughs.

"But does he live with you?"

"Oh god no. But unfortunately, he's staying with us for a month."

"Why is that?"

"Sorry I'm not sure if he wants me to tell anyone." She shrugs.

"Oh it's alright I understand."