Struggles

"Yeah, I'll be here in a minute!", Aloy said loudly so Kïma could hear her.

"What are you even doing ?"

"Erm, right now I'm fighting a huge Ravager."

She heard a sigh and a chuckle behind the door. She reported her attention on her work. She had locked herself up in the bathroom, trying to clean the ancient ring she found in Olin's excavation zone.

It was a golden round sculpted as a snake with a kind of red cristal on the top. Except the colours were totally spoiled. Aloy was trying to wash the dirt away but couldn't do anything.

She sighed and stood up, wrapping one of the towel around her hair and the other around her body before opening the door, hiding the ring behind her back.

"Ah, there you are! I thought the Ravager got you!", Kïma smiled.

"No, I killed it and I even brought back a component for you. Look."

She sat on the couch next to her and showed her the delicate metal piece.

"What the...? Where did you got such a thing?", Kïma exclaimed, examining the ancient object.

''After we talked to Olin, back in the digging area. I figured out you'd like it and I took it, to thank you for everything you've done for me."

"It's for me?"

"Yes it is. I'm sorry if it's all dirty but I have no idea how to clean this kind of things so I thought you would know.'"

Kïma was wearing it around her thumb, because it was apparently too big for her other fingers. She says, while looking at it :

"Don't worry, I'll make this jewel shine again. Thanks a lot, beautiful."

"You're welcome."

Kïma spent five more minutes just watching her new ring before asking Aloy what she wanted to eat.

"Do you have any fruits, like we ate, a few years ago ?", She replied.

''Say no more."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"And how did you meet Avad?",

They were now lying on Kïma's bed, talking about stuff. The collector scratched her head and explained :

"Long story, I'll try to make it as short as possible... Basically, when I came in Meridian for the first time, people were avoiding me. They thought I was weird, because I didn't wear any tribe clothes and I wasn't a merchant. Guards eventually noticed me and brought me in front of the Mad Sun King, pretending that I stole something -I didn't do anything, by the way. There was Avad, next to his father and even before the King started to speak, he asked him to release me."

"Why?", Aloy asked, fascinated, while chewing a bit of this thing Kïma called chocolate.

"He told his father that I was one of his close friends who he hadn't seen in a while. He came to me, hugged me, and said that I was a Banuk traveller, coming from the North of the Cut. Apparently, his father believed him or pretended to, at least. Avad then asked him to give me a room in the palace and here we are."

"Looks like the Mad King wasn't that mad, this day."

"Well, he killed the three persons after me because they stole something to feed their children... So I think I was just very lucky. Your turn now."

"What do you want to know?", Aloy questioned, getting in a better position.

She decided to give her idea a shot and added :