The Boy You Let Inside Your Pants, Again

"Mind telling me where Angel is?"

I look up to see the last person I want to see right now, standing right before me, looking as agitated as Mrs Snipper, the old librarian at school.

"How am I supposed to know where he is?" I ask, as I rearrange the bottles on the table for the tenth time in an hour. I really need to find something better to do with my time.

"I'm not in the mood for your shit."

"Keep your gun in your pocket," I retort. "I'm sure Macy doesn't want anyone getting shot in her club.

"You know something," he hisses as he places both hands on the table. I glance briefly at his tattooed knuckles and tell myself his tattoos look cheap and tacky; not to mention ugly.

I cross my arms and begin tapping my foot on the carpet. "How am I supposed to know something? Aren't I the one on Angel's surveillance?"

"He hasn't been seen since Saturday."

"Wow. Today is Thursday. Who knew it would take you five days to figure out your leader was missing."

"You know something about this." It's not just a small suspicion. Liam is sure I had something to do with Angel's disappearance. To be honest, I don't see why he's running around, trying to find Angel and be the saviour. In some aspects, David and I did him a favour by getting rid of Angel. He should be thankful for that.

"Well, I don't."

"You still owe me payment. It's been a week."

"You're still not getting between my thighs. I'll send twenty grand to you in the next couple of days."

Liam chuckles. "We'll see about that. Hopefully you'll still be alive by then."

My breath hitches in my throat. Liam grins, and I quickly pull myself together. "Is that a threat?"

"It might be a promise."

I look him straight in the eye and say, "Well, then. We'll see about that." The battle lines have been drawn, and I know I'm going to need more than my attitude, David Walker, and his skills with a cricket bat, to get me through this one.

I've been in this town less than a month, and trouble has been knocking on my door and invading my private space, since day one. Let's not forget my parents are probably rotting somewhere, while their child is working at a strip club.

"Bye, bitch. I'll see you later." And with that, Liam turns around and walks away. I turn my head to find Macy staring at me pointedly. This is a strip club, not a place for a friendly chat. I look away and stare straight ahead, waiting for any customers that come my way.

I rub my knuckles as Fever is replayed through the speakers. I'll need Bob's help to get me out of this one. I suppose I'll just have to call him up tonight. It's no use worrying about whether he'll be prepared to leave everything behind and come back here. I know he will.