6

Cheryl's POV

Toni put a strong face on in front of Jughead, it was surprising to be honest. She had just shot someone, and whether it was my terrible father or not, she'll feel it soon. Within the next fifteen minutes most likely.

We both held on tight to each others hands, hers was shaking. We walked in silence, probably due to the shock to the car, and just as we reached it Sheriff Keller asked if I could talk to him about what happened.

I asked him for a minute and opened the door for Toni, and told her "I'm gonna talk to him for a minute and then we can go, ok?" she quietly nodded back and I turned back to Sheriff Keller, "I promise I will tell you everything, but is it possible to do this tomorrow? I need to be with Toni and it's been a long night"

He nodded, "That sounds reasonable, Cheryl, how about I stop by Toni's tomorrow?" "Thank you Mr. Keller, I'll see you tomorrow."

"You two have a good night", he said while waving me away.

I opened the door and got in. Looks like I'm driving because Toni was looking at her hands, which were shaking in fear. I took of my sweatshirt and helped her slide it on "Toni, Toni baby look at me" I said, reaching for her chin gently so I wouldn't scare her.

I finally got her to turn to me and I could almost feel the sadness I could see in her eyes. "Toni, it's okay, it'll all be okay" I told her firmly, sliding my hand against her cheek as a silent tear rolled down her cheek.

"Okay."

She finally replied, giving me a strong nod. "Jesus" I cracked a smile "I thought you'd gone mute" she just shrugged and said "take us home Cherry"

I made sure I kept one hand on her thigh and looked over at her every chance I got. She looked so small and scared in my red sweatshirt. We pulled up outside the trailer and I nudged her out of her gazing out the window.

She nodded to herself and got up, walking right into the trailer, leaving me sitting in the car, semi-shocked at her actions.

I got up and followed her, and looked down the hall to see her struggling to get her pants off over her boots. I found it kinda cute, besides the fact that she was smacking herself and on the verge of a breakdown.

I put my hands on top of both of hers to stop their frantic movements. She sighed and let me help her. I pulled off her boots, then her bunched up jeans. She'd already taken her top off and thrown the sweatshirt on the bed.

She was left in her bra and underwear, "Do you want to shower?" I asked, still kneeling in front of her with my hands on her knees. She was looking down and her hair was scattered all over her face. "Yea" she let out quietly, "but I'm scared" she finally looked up at me.

"It'll be okay", I said reaching for her hand, "I'll be there with you" she stood up and took my hand and I led her into the hallway. Until she heard loud motorcycles outside and clung to me. I wrapped my arms around her as tight as I could as she fell to the ground, sobs shaking through her body.

My arms still around her, I pulled her onto my lap. "I-I'm sorry" "I'm a killer" "he should've killed me" all came out through her mumbles into my shoulder. "I moved my hands from around her back and placed one on each side of her face. Tears still dripped down her face and I made sure to wipe away every one.

"Toni, no. You did what you had to do, he's not dead and he'll be locked up forever. Tomorrow Sheriff Keller is gonna come talk to us and he knows it was self defense. Riverdale will love you for putting the Black Hood away"

"I guess so." she said leaning back from the comfort of my shoulder. She then turned to look me in the eyes, wrapping her arms around my neck and putting her forehead against mine. "Thank you so much Cheryl. I love you."