17

Later that night, at almost 1 in the morning, Toni is nudged awake. "Can I️ sleep here?" Is the first thing she hears, and she nods and scoots over so the redhead can get in her bed with her.

Cheryl easily falls asleep in almost 10 minutes, while Toni listens to her breathing even out so she can be positive that the girl is asleep and okay before she lets herself rest.

-

The girls stay on their own side of the bed when these instances happen, which is often. Toni jokes that they should make Cheryl's room into an office if she's never going to use it, and Cheryl argues that her 'stuff' is in there.

However Toni knows that Cheryl doesn't need a whole room for her stuff, because she's used the credit card she gave her a total of one time. For a single water bottle. And then the girl apologized for it. This sprouted an argument about Cheryl not having to apologize for things she has, and both girls went to bed angry. But Cheryl ended up in Toni's bed anyway.

After a few weeks of this happening; Cheryl spending the day out, looking for jobs or just roaming the city, and Toni working from early in the morning to late at night.

On this particular day, Cheryl stayed home, bummed out because she couldn't find a job, and the girl was lying on the couch upside-down, watching Netflix when Toni opened the door. Toni looked at Cheryl and smiled for a half second at the girl with her hair touching the ground, and her legs in the air, before dropping her stuff harshly on the ground and shutting the door loudly.

Toni moved into her room while Cheryl sat up at Toni's demeanor. "What's wrong?" Cheryl asked and followed her down the hall to her room. Toni was pulling a t-shirt on when Cheryl jumped on her bed. "Work" Toni mumbled and Cheryl moved to the end of the bed to sit closer to Toni.

"Why work? What happened?" Cheryl asked gently while Toni put a sweatshirt on and continued to mumble around the room. As Toni reached for her bookshelf for the 5th time, moving the same book, Cheryl got up and pulled her hand from the shelf and pushed her toward the bed to sit.

"Cough it up, T what happened." Cheryl demanded, staring at Toni in question. Toni groaned, "Just this fucking guy!" Toni yelled and Cheryl furrowed her eyebrows, was this all about a guy?

"He's a piece of shit who keeps implying that I can't do my own job as if I'm not one of the top lawyers in this city." Toni finished and ran a hand through her hair in frustration. "Okay well you know the jackass is wrong" Cheryl said, now worked up about someone being mean to Toni at her own work.

"Who is this guy anyway?" Cheryl asked Toni, who was looking at her in bewilderment, knowing if she told her she'd probably go and yell at him right now. "Uh just someone who works for me" Toni said hesitantly and Cheryl rolled her eyes "Juts fire him then!" she said like it was a good idea.

"Um no" Toni laughed, "I can't do that" she said getting up to get her phone that was now ringing. "But-" Cheryl started, and received a finger held up to her mouth because Toni was now on the phone. "Rude." Cheryl said looking at the finger and smacking it out of her face. Toni just smiled and shook her head.

When the call finished Cheryl asked who it was and Toni told her it was Betty. "Seriously? You shushed me for Betty?" Toni nodded, her back to Cheryl "Yea because if I told you it was just Betty you would've kept talking." she said and turned around with her eyebrow raised, knowing she was right.

"Fine. So what'd she want?" Cheryl gave up because she probably would've kept talking. "We're going out tonight because Josie and the girls have a gig at some club." Cheryl was laying sprawled out on Toni's bed scrolling through Toni's phone and asked "What time? Cause it's 6 now."