three

To sum it all up, the girls didn't enjoy the rest of their evening. They went to their rooms as soon as they reached the dorm- only leaving the four walled room when dinner was ready. They couldn't let the talk with the CEO sink into their minds. Obviously, they don't agree to it.

"Kill... Twice?" Yeri muttered, still dazed from yesterday's occurence. It was breakfast now and they'll be going to SM in a while. "I can't picture myself doing it." She didn't even like the idea of killing those innocent girls. "They're our friends, for goodness sake! They've been nothing but kind to us, and this is how we repay them back?"

"I agree. I can't believe we'll be doing it." Wendy added while chewing on her bacon. "I thought we were allowed to make decisions for ourselves." But there's a fucking contract.

"For me personally, I think there are things that we could oppose to. Sajangnim probably knows that but..." Irene halted and groaned in frustration. "I don't know. Fuck." She sighed.

A few minutes later, she spoke again. "How about this, why don't we just stand up for ourselves just once and tell him to fuck off or else we're leaving SM? Who's with me?"

She didn't know where that surge of bravery came from, but she was sure as hell that she knows what she was doing.

"Me!" The others said in chorus with mischief glinting in their eyes.

This was going to be fun.

Hours later, they found themselves facing the ruthless Kim Youngmin once again. He looked like he was in a good mood today. But then again, he's not an open book. Irene has to keep that in mind.

"Have you though about my plan?" He asked, looking at them one by one. Irene stepped out, making him raise his brows in curiousity. "Yes? Would you like to say something, Ms. Irene?"

She took a deep breath. "To be honest, sir, the plan is too risky. It's a crime to kill and we could get in trouble for that. And I know that you don't want any harm in SM Entertainment's name, do you?" Irene continued. "I think the best way to solve this problen is that Sonyeo Shidae should have a comeback at least thrice a year to regain their title. I'm sure that the entire nation still loves them and as far as I've observed, they have an advantage. With their vocals and visuals, they will have no problem in capturing the nation's hearts again."

Please believe me. Please, please, please.

The CEO cracked a smile. "No wonder why you're the leader of Red Velvet." The tension lessened. "However, I don't like your plan. It takes too much work, you know? With NCT's projects, EXO's tour, SM Station's songs, everything, SM is a busy place. I can't just insert Sonyeo Shidae in the middle of everything. We have to have order in the way we do things."

"But, Sir. This is against the law! Against ourselves. Don't you understand? We do not want to be a part of this stupid plan. We came to this agency to be idols, not to be killers." She argued back. "If you really insist, then I think it's time for us to leave SM Ent. Idol life has been quite exhausting, too."

The CEO was silent for a few minutes.

"You know, girls, I admire you. I really do." He said after a minute or two. "I take care of you as if you were my own daughters." Youngmin smiled. "But... this. What you said. That's what you'll give back to me? After I practically honed you from your training days up until your debut. This is what I get?"

"Sajangnim-"

"You, Seulgi. Did you know that I had to pay 3 billion won to Dispatch just to delete the photos they took of you and that BTS member?" Seulgi lowered her head. "Wendy. Did you know how many people made articles about you for your racist remaks? I had to ask my friend who's a hacker to delete all those to make it seem like it didn't happen.

"Yerim-ah. Netizens have been bashing you on your dancing. Don't you think they'll hate you more when they find out that you've been using autotune?" Yeri could only look at the floor. "Joy, our sweet, pretty Joy. I wonder what the fans would think if they find out that I had to buy the main role of a certain drama just so people would think you're a great actress.

"And Irene. The leader. The rapper. The most beautiful of you all. Do you think everyone would freak out if they find out about your surgery?" The CEO smirked. "I don't know about you, girls. If you want to leave SM, the door is open. Either way, with just one click, everything that I said will just fill up the headlines of every newspaper." He returned to his seat and leaned back.

Irene couldn't look at her members.

All of them were thinking of the same thing.

They had no choice.