eight

"Never thought you'd kill her." Irene chuckled as she closed the van. "I thought you were going to cry or something. It's good that you didn't."

The CEO called for a meeting an hour ago and Red Velvet's presence is gravely needed. Joy was pretty sure it was because of their secret killing spree.

"Unnie, I've got to tell you something." She spoke for the first time since entering the van. "I don't know how to explain this but..." Her hand went up to her nape, "Nayeon... she... she wa-"

"Mind your own business, Sooyoung. Just do your job without informing me, okay?" Irene interrupted her immediately. "I just... I want this to be finished as soon as possible. We've got no time for discussions."

The younger pursed her lips. "Alright then. Have it your way."

"Good afternoon, girls." Kim Youngmin greeted them with a broad smile as soon as they entered his office. "It's such a great day today, isn't it? Especially with Twice's hiatus. I really feel like God is sending me a sign."

"Good afternoon, sajangnim." They spoke all at once, emotionless.

"Have you done your mission, Sooyoung?" He asked, motioning for them to sit down. "Joohyun told me that it was supposed to happen today."

"Yes, I have." She replied while nodding.

"Good, very good." He grinned, his smile almost reaching his ears. "Slowly but surely, girls. Slowly but surely." The girls nodded like robots. "However, with the death of the two girls, you need to lie low for a moment. They might become suspicious, especially when they discover that the deaths only happen when you're with them."

"Does that mean we're going to focus more on our comeback?" Wendy asked.

"Yes and no." The CEO replied. "You should still continue to check on them from time to time. Eat lunch together, eat dinner together, all of that to gain their trust and to make it seem like you have nothing to do with the deaths."

"Okay, so we're still gonna spend time with them but we won't kill one of the members?" Seulgi asked, confused. "Won't that be too suspicious? We're not that close that we have to eat dinner or lunch together all the time."

"You were present when Tzuyu died, right? Show them that it also affected the five of you, and that you're traumatized or something." He shrugged as if Tzuyu's death was nothing to him. "Anyway, Seulgi, you're next."

"I know."

"The CEO of JYP have also discussed this matter with me, without him knowing that I was the one who planned this." Chuckling, he continued, "He told me that the Japanese line are returning two weeks from now. And you, Seulgi, are going ambush them."

Seulgi paled.

"Two down, seven to go."

sorry for the short update, guys. i just came home from a journalism contest and my brain is currently drained because of all the knowledge i've poured into my article a while ago, especially that my category is editorial writing.

hope you enjoy ♡

xtel