six

"Shhh. Don't cry, don't cry." Seulgi repeatedly assured a sobbing Momo. "Everything will be alright. Tzuyu will be fine. You'll be fine." The girl hugged her tighter and she couldn't help but shed tears herself.

They had taken Tzuyu to the hospital moments later after Irene informed them that she collapsed. Twice's manager stayed behind to have a word with the restaurant's owner and to inform JYP Entertainment's CEO of what happened to one of his artists.

"What if something bad will happen to her? What if she'll die?" Momo said through her tears. "This hasn't happened before."

"Mo, you're overreacting." Jihyo stated, impassive. "Tzuyu's a strong girl. She probably had a bad stomach or something. Don't worry, okay?"

The crying girl just nodded and Seulgi could only glance at Yeri who was playing with her fingers.

Not a moment later, the doctor came out with a nervous face. All of the girls rushed to him and started asking him questions.

"She.." He started and everyone went silent. "She couldn't make it."

Sana put a hand to her mouth.

Momo sobbed harder.

Nayeon froze.

Mina's tears started falling.

Jeongyeon ran outside.

Dahyun stood still.

Chaeyoung went silent.

And Jihyo. All she could say was, "You're lying."

The doctor took a deep breath. "We tried everything that we could, we really did." He looked at the floor. "The poison was already spreading in her body. We couldn't do-"

"Poison?" Chaeyoung asked, her voice breaking. "Who the fuck poisoned her?"

"We found out that she ate something that had poison in it. It wasn't clear but it looked like it was a fish."

All of their heads turned automatically to Yeri.

"You?" Momo asked, face red and full of tears. "Did you poison her?"

"I could never do that!" She answered immediately. "Why would I? She's my friend, too, Momo. I could never do that." Her mouth felt bitter while saying the lie as Momo lowered her gaze.

"You know what, let's just stop blaming each other, girls. Tzuyu wouldn't like this." Irene interjected. She wasn't crying, Yeri just noticed.

"I think..." Jihyo started, still emotionless. "I think we have to go home."

"What?!"

"We need to rest. We've still got promotions tommorow." She said and walked away, leaving the girls confused and heartbroken.

"Are we still able to see her tomorrow?" Mina asked in a small voice.

"Of course, ma'am." With that, the rest of Twice left silently, often looking back at the hospital room door as if Tzuyu will go outside and see them.

"Good job, girls. One down, eight to go." Irene said monotonously after they've arrived at the dorm. "Since sajangnim gave us our own targets, I think it's time for us to do our work on our own."

"What do you mean?" Joy asked, still crying.

"It means that we're just gonna kill one of our targets without any help from the rest of the members."

"Unnie, why does it feel like you don't care?" Yeri snapped out of a sudden. "I just killed our friend and you're out here congratulating us! Is this even worth being proud of?"

"Yerim, do underst-"

"No, unnie. You understand! How can you just stand there and act as if like nothing happened? You look okay as if I didn't kill Tzuyu!"

"I may look okay but I don't feel okay!" Irene yelled. "As the oldest member, I have to make it seem like nothing affects me at all. I am not allowed to get mad when somebody talks bad about our group. I am not allowed to grieve if somebody dies. I am not allowed to show the real me because to them, I am this beautiful, strong, out of this world visual of Red Velvet and nothing more."

The room went silent.

Irene cleared her throat and they looked at her. For the first time, she was crying.

"I'll go to bed now. See you tomorrow." She wiped her tears and went to her room, never coming back.