thirteen

"Oh my God, what happened? Are you girls okay?" was the first thing Jihyo said as soon as the two terror-stricken girls arrived at the dorm. The members weren't allowed to go to the crime scene, as it will gain a lot of attention from the public. The only ones present there were the police, detectives, and their managers.

Momo didn't say anything and just sat down on the couch, hair in a tangled mess and eyes in a blank state. Mina on the other hand, just went straight to her room and shut the door with a loud bang.

The rest of the girls were there, crying and hugging each other. Jihyo's heart broke at the sight, but she knew she had to keep up a strong facade because she's the leader and most importantly, the strongest pillar of Twice.

She went to where Momo was sitting and hugged her, occasionally blinking the tears that were forming in her eyes.

Ten minutes of silence passed.

No one asked Momo questions. No one went to Mina's room. Just all of them crying and staring at the wall. If this was a normal day, it would've been funny. But with another member gone, it's a different situation.

"I was so scared." Momo started, her voice breaking. "He... he threw a knife at Mina. It almost sliced her neck and could've killed her." Droplets of tears fell to her dirt-stained cheeks. "We were so close... so close to calling the cops but," She took a deep breath, "-he caught us. Told me that he'll come into our dorm if I called the police."

"And you didn't." Jihyo finished. The other girl nodded. "Sana may be gone for now, but we will find her. She's one of the strongest person that I know and I'm a hundred percent sure that she'll survive."

"You weren't there, unnie. You weren't able to see what the thief was capable of." Momo wiped her tears.

"It's a cycle, don't you see?" Jeongyeon spoke for the first time. "One by one, our members leave us. It feels like it's never going to end."

"Don't think like that." The leader snapped. "It's just a coincidence." Or is it?

"It doesn't happen twice, Jihyo." She retorted. "We're their members and what are we doing? Just crying here at our dorm while our manager takes care of our problems?" She chuckled, but it wasn't a happy one. "We need to act. We need to act now."

"We're idols, Jeongyeon. Ever since we stepped foot in this industry, our right to decide for ourselves were sold to the company."

"Then when are we going to act? When are you going to do something about it?" Jeongyeon raised her brows. "You're the leader. You're supposed to decide for us."

"But I can't-"

"Jihyo, our members are dying one by one!" She raised her voice while standing up. "Are we just gonna sit here and let our members be slaughtered? Are we going to continue stitting pretty until none of us are left?"

Jihyo was sobbing now, her facade dissipating. The other members only watched the heated exchange in silence.

Suddenly, Dahyun's phone made a ding sound.

The lock screen showed the bold New Message, along with an unknown number.

Her heart skipped a beat when she read the text.

From: +82 XX XXXX YYYY
let's play a little more
'til the moon hangs
on the jungle gym.

watch out, girls.

xoxo, 18.22