nineteen

"What?"

"I said they were alive. That's it." Irene shrugged. "Now let's remove these ropes off of you." She went to the bed and removed their ropes one by one. "I thought you were gonna go crazy on me once I finally told the truth so I asked Wendy to keep these extra tight. Sorry about that."

Momo's thoughts were scattered.

They're alive. But how?

A knock snapped her out of her thoughts. Irene muttered a come in before the door opened and the girls entered.

Suddnely, the six Twice members were attacked by bear hugs.

They were all laughing and crying and hugging each other - it felt like Momo was going to burst in any second. She never felt so happy in seeing her members alive and well.

"Tzutzu!" Chaeyoung sobbed in the other's shoulder. "I thought you left me!"

"I would never leave you, stupid." Tzuyu replied with a small smile.

"I hope you don't mind, but Mina and I stole all your clothes." Jeongyeon said while crossing her arms to Sana. "They were the perfect size."

Sana only pushed the girl off the bed, earning a laugh from everyone.

"But wait, how did these happen? How are they alive?" Jihyo asked, staring at the five girls who were now sitting down in front of the bed.

"It was my idea." Irene started. "I was the only one who knew the plan, I just told the girls the other day."

"And that is?"

"I neved wanted to kill you. So what I did is I acted like I didn't care about what's happening. Like I was this robot who's willing to do everything for our CEO. Everything went well... except for one incident."

"Oh, oh, tell them about how you guys saved me!" Tzuyu bounced up and down like a little girl. "I swear, unnie, I felt like an actress when I pretended to collapse in that bathroom." Her members just rolled their eyes at her childish antics.

"Yeri, you tell them." Irene said, making Yeri smile.

"Okay, so Irene unnie gave me this poisonous puffer fish to give to Tzuyu, but actually, it was just a normal one." Yeri explained. "She exchanged it before we got to the restaurant and convinced Tzuyu the day before to do what she did. Pretending to have a stomach ache and collapsing."

"How about the hospital?"

Irene shrugged. "Money plays a huge role in this game."

All of them laughed. It was true though. Without money, they wouldn't even be here today.

"In Sana's case, well, Seulgi just kidnapped her and took her here. Simple as that." Irene added.

"We even had a simple conversation after I untied her at the car." Seulgi added and high fived  the girl.

"Wait, so you guys didn't try to kill me?" Dahyun asked, confused.

Wendy shook her head. "No, we didn't. I was the one who's supposed to do it but then Irene unnie told me that you texted her that I almost hit you with my car." She sighed. "I promise I didn't."

Dahyun nodded. "Hm. Okay then."

"Nice texts, by the way. It scared the shit out of me." Chaeyoung chuckled.

"Oh, yeah. The Peek A Boo one." Joy smiled. "I was the one who sent that."

"No, I meant the picture."

"What?" Joy frowned.

"You took a picture of us while we were sitting in front yard, right? Before that car almost hit Dahyun." Chaeyoung explained.

Joy looked at her members. "I never took a picture of you. I only sent that one text and nothing else."

'"Are you sure? I alm-"

"Wait, where's Nayeon?" Jeongyeon asked out of a sudden. As if on cue, everyone turned their heads and tried to look for the said girl.

"She wasn't with us ever since I've arrived. I thought she was situated in another room." Sana explained, confused.

"Me too." Tzuyu added.

Irene looked at Joy. "Sooyoung, you were the one who took her. Where is she? Did you put her in another room?"

Joy gulped. She had to be honest. She had to say it.

"Unnie... when I went to out of the restaurant that day to get Nayeon, she wasn't there."

"What do you mean?"

"She was gone."