nine

It was tomorrow.

The day she was going to kill Sana, Momo, and Mina.

Seulgi was anything but ready. Yes, she may know how to pull a trigger or throw a knife, but she never learned how to murder, especially if the victims are her close friends. The guilt is fucking eating her up.

A month had passed. No killings, thankfully. Everyone has accepted Twice's hiatus and some are even happy because they get to rest. Seulgi wondered how they would react if they find out that they killed two of their members.

She rolled to the other side of the bed and put her face to her pillow to muffle her screams. I'm going mad, I swear.

Not even a few seconds later, Wendy ran into her room with her face full of sweat. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked, walking towards her. "You scared me, stupid. I thought you were dying."

"Nothing, Wannie." She responded, raising her head so she could look at the other girl. "Go back to your room. It's almost midnight. You don't want to look like a zombie for your recording tomorrow, right?"

Wendy snorted. "Yeah, whatever. Just keep quiet, okay? You know the walls are thin. Don't want to hear your moans." Seulgi threw a pillow on her head while she laughed her ass out. "Keep your moans to yourselves, bear."

She rolled her eyes and stared up at the ceiling in silence, her thoughts scattered.

She couldn't do this.

She's tired.

She wants to run away.

She just wants to go back to her mom and hug her so she'd feel fine again.

Seulgi contemplated over her decision and finally grabbed her duffel bag and filled it with comfortable clothes, undergarments, essentials, food, and money. I can't believe I'm doing this. She thought while packing her stuff.

Going into her closet, she changed into sweatpants and an oversized shirt, as well as a pair of Converse. Then to finish the look, a black mask and a cap.

Seulgi laughed when she saw herself in the mirror.

She's running away from her dreams, from Red Velvet.

She smiled sadly at the thought and had an idea.

She grabbed a notebook and wrote her last words to her members - thanking them for their memories and support ever since they debuted. Although she tried to stop her tears, she couldn't help but let some fall on her shirt.

They've been together for years now and she's about leave them... all because of their money-hungry CEO. She loved being an idol, but she doesn't love being a murderer. She'd rather leave than become a killing instrument.

Seulgi took one last look at her room before opening the door of her bedroom, finally on her way to freedom.

The night was chilly and Seulgi had to practically prevent her mouth from shivering.

It was 1:30 am in the morning and there were no buses passing by. She decided to walk to another nearby bus stop but instantly regretted it as she felt the coldness of the air. But I'm almost there, I just have to walk a little longer.

Soon enough, after six to ten pep talks, she finally reached the bus stop.

Luckily, she wasn't alone. A man was sitting there - probably the same age as her because of his body type - playing with his phone. He felt really familiar that Seulgi wanted to ask him who he was but then, if she did, he'll recognize her.

So all she did was sit down at the bus stop and waited for the bus.

After ten minutes, nothing came.

She was getting sleepier by the minute and she just couldn't wait to get home. "Excuse me, mister. Can I ask if when will the next bus arrive?"

The man faced her and lowered his own mask.

As soon as he did this, Seulgi's jaw dropped in shock.

"S-sajangnim?"

"Hello, Seulgi. Lovely night, isn't it?" He asked her while smiling. "I think the next bus will arrive after five hours. Why'd you ask?" He was talking to her so casually that she felt her stomach tighten.

"S-sa-sajangnim..." She trailed off, sweat falling down her temple. "I was just... going for a walk..." If she was feeling sleepy moments ago, she sure as hell felt like a bucket of cold water was thrown at her head.

"Hmm. For a walk. I see." Youngmin chuckled. "The park's that way, Seulgi." He pointed to the other direction.

The girl felt her hands shaking out of fear. "I... wanted to try a new route..." Her voice broke at the end.

"Oh. A new route." He nodded to himself and finally fixed his gaze on her duffel bag. "You're really funny, aren't you?"

Seugli just looked at her shoes. Her plan failed.

"You really think that just because you're in your dorm means I couldn't see what you were up to?" He said in the most gentle tone she had heard him speak. "I have eyes everywhere, little girl."

Finally, she broke down. "I just... I don't want to do this! It's making me mad... I don't-" A sob. "I DON'T WANT TO BE A MURDERER!"

Youngmin's hand went into her back, rubbing it in smooth circles. "Just cry it out. It will be fine-"

"It will never be fine!" She screamed at him, face red. "I want to leave, sajangnim. Please let me leave." She whispered the last part as she kneeled in front of him.

Youngmin stood up and bent down to raise her chin. "You were the ones who started this game, Seulgi." He smiled a small smile before continuing. "You should be the ones to finish it."

Without anymore words, he left the kneeling Seulgi who was crying her eyes out in the lone bus stop.