~Smile!~

No one's POV

At first, the change wasn't noticeable. People say tears are a weakness, but Naruto couldn't help but want to smack whoever said that on the head. Our very own hero watched as his friends... no, his family... stand up for him. He gasped as Sakura threw a retort and laughed at Sasuke's face. 

Then it ended. His summoning fox poofed away. That's when Naruto dropped to the ground. His lips trembled and his eyes grew blurry. Unconsciously, he grabbed for Hinata and hugged her. Looking towards the bright blue sky, he giggled. That giggle quickly grew into a laugh. 

His laughter filled the air, a clear ringing sound echoing in the valley. Not his fake guffaw he used before he left, but a sweet sound that seemingly entranced the very sun.

And he smiled. He smiled a smile that lit the sky, a smile that blinded the very birds and trees. 

Hinata could only watch, not wanting to ruin the moment. The moment where the world was seemingly rejoicing. Then, she smiled too, looking at the man she had a crush on for years, the man she just shared her first kiss with. 

Naruto stood, and said in a whisper that seemed to be whispered among the trees,

"Don't you think it's time I come and get my family, ne~, Hinata?"

And with that, a single tear slipped down his cheek, glistening and shining like a diamond.

A/N

Kay, I apologize! Gomen No Sai, for the late update! I've been having a case of writer's block, and finally got over it! Anyway, I look forward to continuing the book and hope to let you know, THIS BOOK IS NOT BEING DISCONTINUED! I hope to hear any responses and ideas you have!