~ Change ~

Change has a renowned reputation for being bad. It isn't necessarily what someone who wants a happy life will enjoy. 

Naruto can't wait to prove that all wrong.

It seemed like a new dawn once he saw the group of ninja he called his family. The effort it took not the cry was unbelievable.

The change, however, was still prominent. 

Kiba seemed to be looking him up and down. It was kinda creepy in fact. Especially when you could see his ribs. Naruto couldn't help but feel like food under his gaze.

Shino was quiet as usual, but his aura was deadly. He just seemed like a dude you didn't want to mess with instead of a loner.

Hinata was gorgeous. That much was evident, but she had this kinda untouchable aura around her. 

Ino was wearing shredded clothes. It surprisingly fit her and her now deadly edge. Her eyes now a piercing teal, unlike her past soft gaze. It just felt too mature.

Shikamaru looked to be the one that changed the least. He seemed to still be the lazy type, but, looking closer, his eyes held a glint that did not belong there. A glint that belonged to someone who went to hell and back.

Choji was visibly thinner. He didn't look well, pale skin and shifty eyes. Eyes of someone who was not ready, who had seen too much. 

Then, there was Sakura. Her eyes red from too much crying and her hands covered in blisters from overwork. Her fists were clenched and she looked at Naruto with a wavering gaze.

They had all changed. 

But this change was a bittersweet one. It wasn't necessarily easy and was won through hard work. But these changes only hardened Naruto's resolve to save them.

In an instant, he was in front of them and hugged them. They all stiffened. Each a varying amount of surprise. Yet, they all hugged back. Kiba even punched him!

Progress!

Like they could read his thoughts, they all gave their own form of a smile and stood there awkwardly. 

Then Naruto just sat and patted the ground, and explained... because there was nothing else to do. He told them of his own hardships and got some laughs. He smiled and joked, hoping to bring light to their dull eyes.

Then he told them of his plan. He told them he had a home for them. And they burst out in tears or reacted in their own way. Then he was there to comfort them. 

Standing up, he held his hand out, the light illuminating his figure and gold hair, giving him an earth real look.

They would have been idiots to refuse, and heaven knows anyone who survived the Leaf and Danzo were no idiots. 

They stood, and held hands, getting ready for the journey, getting ready for their new life. And in that instant, they flashed away leaving behind a glowing Uzumaki sign and a burst of light.