June 2nd

^^ Pat ^^

Hearing faint noises near by, my brain tries to comprehend where I must be. I'm warm which is the first thing that makes me question exactly where my location, as well laying on something really soft compared the the sleeping bag I normally used. Yesterday's events still a little fuzzy.

Finally opening my eyes to be greeted by a small sized room painted cream that had another bed on the opposite wall, a set of side drawers and tallboys next to each other.

The voices start again just outside the door after being silent for only moments. Deciding as nice as this bed is I'm hungry beyond belief and I really should try to fix that immediately, so I sadly pull the covers bracing myself for coldness that never came.

As I get up and stretch my aching limbs, I walk over to the door before slowly cracking it open. In the joint lounge room and kitchen area was Rachel with the three guys from yesterday.

"Hey Aria. How are you feeling?" Rachel asks, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm okay. What err... What happened?" I ask feeling kind of scared that I was some where I didn't know. I liked to always be aware of my surroundings and right now I really wasn't.

"Well the doc said you passed out from a mixture of being over whelmed, exhausted and hungry. She basically said you need to rest and eat today, but don't forget to take your medicine for pain too." Rachel tells me with a warm smile.

"It's way passed breakfast so we figured you could join us for lunch." Eddy says with a warm smile that really suits the giant man.

"Umm. Sure that sounds perfect. I'll just grab some Nurofen first." I say before quickly going to the room I woke up in.

As I walk over to the bed, yesterday floods back into my mind and I can't help but feel overwhelmed by it all. From having the first day in a while that I had literally no food in my stomach, to getting the shit kicked out of me because I tried to play hero to someone else. Not to mention the all out low I was feeling for so much of it. 

I've never looked out for others before. 

Why on earth did I decide to this time?

Did I really get a spot at the shelter? That had to be a dream, I've wanted a bed there for longer than I can remember!

A gentle knock breaks my flooding thoughts as the door slowly pries open and Pat walks in before closing it behind him. He seems to stare at me for a moment before walking over to where I'm sitting on the floor next to the bed.

"I know It's kind of over whelming when you first come here, but just try to take it a step at a time." He whispers as he slides down to sit with me, keep a small bit of space between us. 

"How long have you been here?" I ask trying to distract myself from everything flowing through my over loaded mind. 

"About 10 months." He says with a faint smile on his face. "Actually, I barely left my bed when I first arrived." He says with a faint smile on his lips.

"How come? If you don't mind me asking." I ask with a small voice, feeling like it may be too personal.

"Well, I was brought in by police you see, they found me during a raid. The lead police officer thought this place would be best considering my age. So weekly sessions with the therapist as well as doing this program so I can complete high school here, and I'm practically a semi functional person almost." He tells me with a weak smile on his face at the end. 

"How old are you anyway?" I ask, hoping to keep us talking without getting him upset.

"17, I'll be 18 in a few months and hopefully I can move out of here." He tells me  with a genuine smile on his lips, even if it was small.