Chapter 2

"When she was just a girl, she expected the world
But it flew away from her reach"
-Paradise by Coldplay

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." -George Elliot

~-----------~

"Can we hit the skatepark?" Bryson asked hopefully.

"Sure why not? Mom, Dad, is that cool?" I turned to them with a sugar sweet smile.

"Yeah, I guess. Be careful though." Mom said while flipping through a gardening magazine.

"Alright. Everyone grab whatever you need, oh and your boards." I commanded.

Everyone rushed off and grabbed their boards and sunglasses. After looking up local skateparks, we found one that was nearby that didn't look too sketchy. We headed out the door and rode all the way to the skatepark. When we got there, Casey spoke up.

"Sky, I want you to stay with one of us at all times, got it?" She just nodded in response, used to the usual protectiveness of Casey.

We all split up and did our own thing, Sky with Dane. After about 45 minutes of doing random tricks and messing around, I called them back over to a bench.

"You guys wanna go walk around?" I asked. They all agreed. "Where should we go?" I asked as we started walking in a random direction.

"I don't care, but make it interesting. You know me." Dane said with a hint of a smile playing at his lips. Always the adventurous boy.

Bryson spoke first, "We can go to the pier and take some pictures? We can also stop by a cafe first and grab some small stuff? There's one down the street, Greenleaf Cafe. Don't tell me I never do my research."

We all nodded in agreement.

We walked to the cafe and got muffins and drinks. Then, we headed to the pier. We walked all the way to the top. It was truly breathtaking. We all started taking pictures, of the view, and of each other. Soon, my phone vibrated as I was talking to Bryson. I quickly looked at it, seeing it was our mom.

Mom💅: Time to come back home. Tell us all about it when you get here.

I responded with a quick 'okay' and turned back to the others. "Hey! Mom wants us to head back now."

The five of us started walking back to our house. Once we were out of the busy parts we jumped on our boards and rode the rest of the way.

LA wasn't so bad after all. I'm happy summer just started though. This means more time with my siblings before Bryson leaves.

We rode up to the house and walked inside to be greeted by our mom.

"Have a good time?"

"Spectacular!" Skylar said sarcastically.

I laughed, "Yes, thanks very much." We told her all about it at dinner. Her and Dad were happy we were liking it so far. I still didn't know anyone around town but maybe that would change? Maybe.

Jonah's POV

"Dude I'm going crazy, help!" I yelled at Daniel and Zach.

They just laughed and Zach spoke, "Having trouble finding Airport Girl?"

"Don't call her that... and yes. I didn't see her around town at all today and I can't find her social media." I rambled.

"I didn't know you could find someone's social media by looking at their face." Zach chuckled smartly.

Daniel sighed, "Can't help ya, Jo."