Chapter 20: Amnesia

"Who will love you?
Who will fight?
Who will fall far behind?"
-Skinny Love by Birdy

"It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember."
-Unknown

~---☀-----☀---~

Jonah's POV

I woke up to see blinding lights above me. I sat up and looked around to see that I was an ER room... which means I'm in the hospital.

The last thing I remember before blacking out was the car jerk, and me hitting my head on the window. The boys... Milan.

I immediately thought of the possibilities of what happened, and if they're okay. I got out of the bed and walked into the hall. Their was a lot going on, doctors rushing by, patients that were unrecognizable coming by on stretchers. And I stood in the middle of it all. All I could think of was the band and Mikey. I couldn't begin to wonder if anything bad happened to them.

Then, reality hit me and my head started pounding and spinning. I reached up and felt something sticky. I went back behind the curtain and found a mirror. Looking into it, I saw I had a big gash on the right side of my forehead, along with a busted lip and a black eye. What could've happened?

I walked back out and tried to get someone's attention. All I could get was some sympathetic looks. A doctor was walking by with a clipboard when I stopped her.

"Excuse me but I need to know what happened and where my friends are? Please?" I asked her with a worried expression.

She looked at her clipboard, "Uh, all I know is that their was a 10 car pile up due to a drunk driver. Their has been many patients coming and going. I can get someone who knows to talk to you?" I nodded and she rushed off.

I went back into my room and took a seat back on the bed. I'm so worried about the others, my band mates and the sweet girl that lives with us.

A doctor stepped into the room, "Hello, I'm Doctor Jane Hanson. I need to ask you some questions before I tell you anything." I nodded and she continued. "Your name?"

"Jonah."

"You were driving your friends, correct?" She asled.

"Yes."

"And who are these friends?"

"There was me, Daniel Seavey, Zach Herron, Jack Avery, Corbyn Besson, and Milan Hill."

"Alright.." she kept asking me questions that were easy to answer. Finally she asked if I was ready to hear the news.

"Yes, please." I said.

"Okay, so all you're friends are okay.. in a way. We understand you boys are a band and she's your guys' best friend. You and 2 other band mates are awake. Milan, Jack, and Corbyn are still unconscious, but they are stable." She informed me.

"Okay, can I see them all?" I asked.

She nodded, "I'll take you to see the conscious friends, then take all of you to the others."