Chapter 28: Goodbye

"'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special"
-Not About Angels by Birdy

"It's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow."
-Unknown

~---☀-----☀---~

TRIGGER WARNING

Jonah's POV

After heading inside, we decided to have another movie night.

"I'll go get Mikey!" I called back behind me.

Everyone was busy setting up so no one responded. I walked up the stairs and remembered all the good times we've had since Milan and her family came. Her siblings just got home too. I could tell this is going to be an awesome night.

I walked down the hall and outside of her room. I knocked twice, but got no response. She's probably sleeping. I knocked louder. Still nothing.

I opened her door, but saw no one. It was completely quiet. I walked to her closed bathroom door and knocked a few times.

"Milan? It's Jonah, we're having movie night and your siblings are home. You down?"

No response. I opened the door quietly and almost fell to the floor at the sight. Milan lay on the floor with some sort of picture in her arms, covered in blood. I rushed out and stuck my head out into the hall.

"Someone call an ambulance! Now!" I screamed.

I ran back in and knelt beside her, not caring about the blood seeping through my jeans. I felt for a pulse, but felt nothing in response. My eyes widened ad my heart rate spiked.

"They said they'll be here any minute!" Jack called.

I heard their footsteps coming toward us, as I sat by Milan silently. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know CPR or how to save her. I was completely helpless.

"Jonah, what happ-" Daniel cut himself off when they all rushed into the bathroom.

"Jonah. Help her!" Zach started sobbing.

I shook my head, "I don't know how."

Tears stared streaming down my face siletenly. The paramedics came and took her away as I stayed on the floor. The picture lay in front of me turned upside down.

I picked it up, turning it over. I ran my sleeve across it, clearing the blood. I put my hand over my mouth. Everyone knelt beside me and looked at the photograph.

It was of us all, even her parents. All smiling and happy. I couldn't speak, I just stared at the picture.

"Hey, let's get going and meet them there." Corbyn said.

We loaded up and headed to the hospital.

~---☀-----☀---~