Chapter 3

"But go ahead give me all the blame"
-The Story Never Ends by Lauv

"We meet the people we're supposed to when the time is just right." -Alyson Noel

~-----------~

MINOR TRIGGER WARNING

I woke up the next morning feeling sad, a change from yesterday's events. I got up and walked into my closet. I picked out black ripped jeans, a white Vans shirt, and some white slip on Vans.

I set the clothes on my bed and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the shower and made sure it was the perfect temperature. Stepping in, I let the water run down my body. Showers solve everything right?

Holding up my wrists, I examined the scars up and down my arms. Rough times, I thought to myself.

I started cutting when I was only 13. That was the year I lost all my friends. I lost my friends the day I slipped on the camo Vans. Yeah, you probably think I was too young to understand but that's what happens when you're emotionally abused right? You grow up too fast.

That was my school.

Everyone expected you to be perfect, meaning girls wore girly clothes and colors, and the guys were vice versa. I had a lot of friends, but the minute I walked into school with new, camo, slip on Vans? I was alone. They left saying I broke the code. My new love of Vans cost me my own friends. It's funny because they're the people saying "end stereotypes."

That caused me to start cutting. I was lonely. I had no one except my family.

Casey watched me everyday, walk off to my classes with my head down. He tried helping but I shut him out that year. I pushed everyone away. I stopped talking for 7 whole months.

At the end of it, Bryson told me to start being more social. "Not just for you, for us," he had said. I started talking again, little by little, and being more social to the people around me.

Everything changed. I was still so depressed but I held on for them. My family. Mom, Dad, Bryson, Casey, Dane, and most of all, Skylar Jade. She motivated me to hold on knowing I was her role model. I love her with all my heart and I wouldn't want her to follow in my foot steps.

I mostly hid my arms from people. The only ones that knew were the boys. Not my parents, nor Sky. They couldn't know. It'd break them and I know it.

I pushed those thoughts away, finally, and finished up. I hopped out and dried off, and then walked out and got dressed. I slipped on a blue Vans sweatshirt to top it off. A sweatshirt in LA. I put my hair up in a high pony and walked downstairs.

I saw my mom at the table, "Hey Mom, can I walk to the cafe in town? I won't be gone long."

"Yeah, I guess so. You have money right?" She asked. I nodded in response. "Okay, well, be good. I'll see you when you get back, I guess."

I started walking down the streets. I just thought to myself. Everyone seems so cool with being here, but I'm the reason.