Chapter 8

"Sick of all the insincere"
-Secrets by One Republic

"I'm exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel." -Unknown

~---☀-----☀---~

MINOR TRIGGER WARNING

It's been a couple days since Zach saw me. I keep thinking about it. I feel like it's going to be hard today when I go over. I know they'll ask me questions and I better be ready to answer them.

I took a quick shower and slipped on a white bikini, ready to swim for once. Over, I had grey track shorts, a forest green tank top, and white slip on Vans.

I headed downstairs to see Bryson making breakfast. He rarely does this but when he decides to, it's good. I saw he was making eggs, biscuits, and bacon.

I approached him, "Where's Mom and Dad?"

He turned to me, "They took Skylar shopping, then they're dropping her off before work."

"Thanks. Where's the other 2 brats?" I asked as I leaned on the counter.

"They're sleeping. Mind waking them up for me? Food is ready."

I turned to go upstairs. I walked outside Dane and Casey's room. I thought about how to wake them when I remembered I had an app on my phone, that only plays sounds. I pulled it out and went to the ambulance.

I walked inside and started playing the siren at maximum volume. They immediately bolted out of bed and looked at me, who was laughing like a maniac.

I turned it off and looked at them, "Food is ready. Mom, Dad, and Sky are gone. Hurry up before Bry eats it all." And with that I walked back downstairs to the dining room/kitchen.

"Heard the siren. How'd that go?" Bry said sarcastically.

I laughed with a smile, "Worked like a charm." I sat down and we waited for the other 2. Soon enough they came stumbling down the stairs to the table. They took their seats and we started eating.

Once we finished we sat on the couch and watched some baseball. The Yankees were playing the Mariners. Obviously, we were going for the Mariners, our old cities team. I ordered an uber and about 10 minutes later, they were here.

I got up, "See you guys later, I'm headed to the boy's house. Don't know when I'll be back."

"When are we gonna meet these boys? I mean you're always with them." Casey said.

"You'll meet them sometime, only when they know. Which I'm pretty sure they'll know by tonight. Bye." I said walking out the door.

I climbed in and the guy drove to the boy's. I walked up and knocked.

Zach appeared at the door, "You know, you don't have to knock anymore. Just walk in, sis."

Zach has now started calling me sis, saying I was his twin sister. Kinda funny how I have a blood twin and a fake twin.

I followed him inside and saw the boys on their phones in the living room, again. When they saw me they all looked pleased to see me. After saying hello, Jonah motioned me to sit. After sitting, he spoke.