01: 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝕭𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world Safe. Decent.
Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath.

 Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath

The name of our town is Riverdale.
And our story begins, I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riverdale, the town with pep! The home to many interesting types of people. But for now, it would serve to be a fresh start for the Lodge family. The town where Hermione Lodge was raised and now it would be for her two children. Veronica and Mateo Lodge.

A new beginning of sorts, she explained to her children. In other words, a place where your father's reputation won't follow us too closely. At least that's what Mateo Lodge heard. No doubt this was better for Veronica as she had done some egregious things in New York.

Still, Riverdale would be very different from New York and he could already tell. Especially when they arrived at their new home, the Pembrooke.

"The apartment's small, a pied-a-terre, but quality, always, plus, it's the only piece of property in my name and not your father's" she stated as the three of entered the property. It was nicely accommodated, certainly not as big as their previous home but it was still nice.

"Ms.Hermione! Welcome home!" an older man welcomed them in.

"Smithers! Oh, you are a sight for sore eyes" she smiled at the older man as Veronica and Mateo glanced around looking at the building they would now call home.

"How was the ride?" the older man asked her as the twins kept behind her. Their chocolate eyes roaming around as uncertainty filled them.

"No traffic, thank God. Smithers, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter and son, Veronica and Mateo" she turned to them as they held a polite smile. Both had mastered the art of appearing happy with the many appearances they had done in New York. Mateo had especially perfected the smile as he made sure his smile reached his eyes instantly fooling the untrained eye.

"It's a pleasure" Smithers smiled while shaking their hands.

"Hi" They said simultaneously before glancing once again at each other annoyed.

"I'll get the bags." Smithers turned to exit before turning back around "Oh, and would you like some menus, ma'am, so you can order in?"

"Oh, no. I have been craving one of Pop Tate's cheeseburgers since noon. Is his Chock'lit Shoppe still open?" Hermione smiled as she asked before the twins turned to her. "What is a Chock'lit Shoppe" Veronica began before Mateo jumped in "and why does it sell burgers?"

"How about we all go now? I'll call in our orders on the way" their mom smiled at the two before they followed her back to the car while she maintained her conversation with Smithers. Both slumping back into the car as they took in the multiple houses and the school they would be attending. Brushing back his hair, he sighed not wanting to be here but this was for the best. New York was all he knew but this was his mom's hometown.