09: 𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝕻𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

"That was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller questioned the blonde girl as she held her stomach

"That was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller questioned the blonde girl as she held her stomach. His face in a frown as he listened.

"At Pop's, when he told me the plan, that he was gonna fake his own death, and then we would meet up. But, before that could happen, my mom and dad sent me away." Polly explained as Betty grabbed her hand and it seemed Polly calmed down.

"One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away, Jason was dealing drugs?" Betty asked.

"Making a one-time delivery. He needed...We needed money. To get away and to start over."

"So Riverdale's star football player becomes a drug mule?" What was Jason running from then? He was coming from money and a business was going to be passed onto him.

"He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang. The Serpents?"

"He got an address upstate, where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash. The drugs you found in Jason's car" Polly was interrupted by the sheriff once more.

" That went up in flames."

"Along with everything I had left of Jason, including the ring his nana gave me, which he was keeping until..." It seemed Polly was at the brink of tears until Hermione stepped in.

"Okay, Sheriff, I think that's enough for tonight. I think Polly needs her rest."

"I'll be in touch, ladies." No doubt to further investigate Polly's role in the grand scheme of things.

"I'll show you out." His mother signaled for him to come over as well as he got up leaving the girls to it. As soon as Sheriff Keller left, she sighed.

"Alright, now where are you going to sleep? Polly has your room and I'm hoping you organized it well enough for her."

"Yes mom. I could always sleep on the couch. Oh or that room that's always locked. What is it anyways?"

"It's a study. But I don't see where you'll be able to accommodate yourself. Mijo, it's better on the couch so go get ready for bed. We have a long week ahead of us." And with that the Lodges took their beds as the Coopers separated and Polly retreated to her room.

♥ ♥ ♥

Mateo found himself at school as he put away his items for the day. With tousled hair and a hint of eye bags, no one dared glance at the Lodge. It seemed he was in a crankier mood and he was a wild card for now. No one knowing how he would react to the whispers now.

Closing his locker, he turned to find the red head waiting with two cups of coffee? One had already been touched, proof of that was the cup's red lip and the other was being held out to him. Grasping the cup, he looked at her confused.