04: 𝕮𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖈 𝕰𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say" Jughead ranted as Betty zoned out while Veronica and Kevin listened intently with her straw as he laid his head on the table.

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references" He muttered tired of the ranting sulking boy. The mourner turned out to be great friends with Barbie and was now ranting about a movie theater drive in closing down.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead started ranting again as he waved his hands around.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica asked as he responded just as fast, "People who want to buy crack."

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" He asked as the blonde agreed as soon as he asked, "Totally." Her eyes betraying how interesting the conversation was and Mateo couldn't blame her. He was here because Veronica promised him food.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse ..." Veronica spoke as Jughead interrupted, "Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide?"

"No one cares" He muttered, his response falling on deaf ears as Jughead continued, "Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti Or is that too obvious?"

"Or anything from the talented Mr.Ripley" Kevin pointed out sitting next to Veronica.

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett. "Veronica said before elbowing her brother. "What she said" he muttered tired and hungry. Football had been worse especially with the lack of players it seemed the Coach was pushing and taking his anger out on the team.

"Betty, your choices? Everything okay, B?" Jughead asked as she broke out of her stupor and sighed, "Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?"

"Here you go, kids. And hijo, head up." Hermione said serving up our food as Veronica thanked her, "Thanks, Mom." She smiled at us before heading back to the register when a familiar voice filled his ears.

"Be sure to put all that cash in the register. You are a Lodge, after all, and Lodges are known to have sticky fingers" Cheryl said sharply, staring at their mom as she held the money.

"Red I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to my mother or any of my family like that" He interrupted. This not allowing either of them from inputting anything else. Cheryl turned ready to say something but softened her face as she glanced at him.

"Cheryl-" He tried to talk to her before his mom stepped in.

"Honey, I got this. Cheryl, I went to school with your mother. She didn't know the difference between having money and having class, either." She turned around putting the cash in the register as Cheryl avoided his gaze as he stared at the red head.