13: 𝕳𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑

"That's incredible, Paul

"That's incredible, Paul. You will keep us posted, won't you?" There was at least an hour before school and Hermione was on the phone. It seemed whatever Paul had fed to the judge had worked as she was singing his praises. Her face lit up while she fiddled with her necklace. "Thanks. Thank you." With that she hung up and turned to her two children.

"Some good news for a change?" Veronica asked before taking some fruit on Mateo's plate. Rolling his eyes, he glared at her before continuing to eat.

"That was your dad's attorney. Turns out, our statements did make a difference and the judge seems inclined to give your father a break." Hermione beamed as Mateo looked up.

"How much of a break?" His father coming back could go one of two ways. They would move back to New York or stay here and he would be a good citizen or start his illegal dealings again.

"Time served. A few more months, if that." She mulled as she calculated something while scribbling it down.

"And then what? We move back to New York?" Veronica scrunched up her face at the thought of going back to what was once their home.

"Or your father moves here." Hermione pointed out.

"What about the crimes he's committed? Including, maybe, Jason Blossom."

"Stop it, Veronica. There is no proof that your father had anything to do with that." His mom scolded Veronica.

"He's in jail because of the Blossoms, Mom, that gives him a motive." Veronica argued as her eyebrows furrowed as her hands moved as she talked.

"Okay, Veronica, you need to be supporting your father, not demonizing him. Again, for things that you have no proof of." Defending his father was always a favorite pastime of his mother's. Now it seemed she was ready to cover up anything threatening the making of their family once more. Yet it made sense, his father did love his mother and vice versa.

"We just want things to be normal. No illegal activity and just live like regular teenagers, mama" Mateo stood up as she sighed.

"And you will. But you two need to support him not tear him down" She scolded the two before glancing at her phone. "Now the both of you need to go" She sighed planting a kiss on their heads as they trudged to the door, ready for another day at Riverdale.

♥ ♥ ♥

"Mateo! Mateo, wait" A certain red head's voice was heard as her heels clicked faster. Turning around, he faced her as she caught up. She was bundled up and in thigh high boots as she stopped in front of him.

"Can we talk? Please" She begged. He bit his lip before sighing. The last time they talked was the party and if he was honest, he missed the redhead texting him. She had given him his space, which he had appreciated, but it was strange not to have her text him or talk to him.