02: 𝕷𝖔𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝕽𝖔𝖔𝖒 𝕿𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘

Waking up by Veronica and Hermione to hurry up, Mateo found himself at Sweetwater River where Jason Blossom's body was found

Waking up by Veronica and Hermione to hurry up, Mateo found himself at Sweetwater River where Jason Blossom's body was found. Everyone was there as each founding Riverdale family looked on as the police dragged out a white body bag. Each family standing close as they wearily glanced at others. A certain tension in the air was upheld as the Blossom clan watched.

Mateo's eyes glanced at the red head beauty who seemed frozen while still wearing last night's clothing. Her lips were slightly parted as her dress was partly covered by a thinly lined sweater and her eyes roamed around almost as if expecting the redheaded heir to appear and prove them all wrong. Who could blame her? Jason Blossom was officially pronounced dead.

His first instinct was to move forward yet where exactly did he stand with the redhead? Regardless it seemed no one spared a glance at Cheryl and it seemed their focus was on Penelope and Clifford Blossom. Families looked at them seeing if their image would shatter and yet as Penelope cried and Clifford held her back, it seemed to have no effect. It seemed most people had it out for them and no one cared for the situation other than "finally" some karma. Cheryl didn't deserve this, no one did. And just as he was about to move, his mom and Veronica turned to go as he followed hesitantly glancing at the redhead one last time wondering if she had someone to rely on.

                                          ♥ ♥ ♥

"having to explain to my dad what I was doing with Moose at the river-" "Hey Betty. Hold up" He sped up with Kevin and Betty turning around as Kevin glared at him. Usually he would have given him a glare back or even a sarcastic remark, but he let it slide considering the situation. Besides it was nice to know Betty had someone else in her corner after everything.

"Hey Mateo and Kevin, it's fine" she smiled at him reassuring him that her problem was with the other Lodge not him. "I feel terrible about last night and I keep feeling the need to apologize" he muttered the last part. "It wasn't your fault" she smiled sadly before grabbing her book bag. Usually he wasn't one for apologizing for other people's problems but this was his sister's doing and he felt bad for the blonde Barbie.

"Oh before I forget, here's your jacket. Thank you again, Mateo" she whispered handing his jacket back. "Anytime Betty" He smiled before hearing a gasp from Kevin making both of them turn around instantly. A dramatic gasp was for a vase full of yellow marigolds that Mateo instantly knew where and who they were from.

"Oh, my God, those are gorgeous. Are those for Betty, Mrs. Philips?" Kevin asked staring at the yellow flowers as he sniffed them. Veronica never really payed attention when he told her something.

"That's why I called her" the secretary responded before returning to her paperwork as Mateo leaned on her tall desk. She glanced up giving him a glare before returning back to whatever dull task Weatherbee had assigned her.

"Dear Betty, please forgive me, XOXO, V." Kevin read out the card. "Who the hell is "V"? He asked."Veronica"as Betty, Veronica and Mateo responded as she walked in holding a box.