05: 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘

"Tell me everything about this Trev " Veronica smirked at Betty while eating fries on the bleachers as everyone else sat around her glancing at ongoing practices

"Tell me everything about this Trev " Veronica smirked at Betty while eating fries on the bleachers as everyone else sat around her glancing at ongoing practices. This was a quiet and slow type of day where the classes couldn't move any quicker. Until finally, Mateo found himself at the bleachers during lunch.

"Oh, there's nothing to tell" Betty smiled staring off at the distance before Kevin filled the rest of them, in disappointed at the lack of love in Betty's life, "Just one of Betty's sources, there's nothing romantic in the offing."

"Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date? What about you, Archie? How's life in a PG world?" She asked turning to the sulking ginger as word got around that Grundy had left mysteriously but no one gave it any mind.

"PG?" Kevin asked glancing over at Veronica as she smiled innocently, "Post-Grundy. What, too soon?"

Mateo smirked as he lightly shoved her before the sulking boy spoke up, "Coach Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain. So I'm not thinking about anything else right now."

"And you're back to being boring" He muttered receiving a glare as he rested his face on his hands finding this conversation draining as he had a depressed little carrot boy sitting below him over his cougar of a teacher. Honestly, what did Archie see in Grundy? This town was filled with mysteries and secrets and was looking less and less like the town with pep.

"Are you, maybe, throwing yourself into football as a way to avoid your feelings." Betty asked cautiously as Archie immediately went defensive, "I'm not avoiding anything, Betty, I'm trying to get my life back on track."

"I can help with that.I know Ms. Grundy was tutoring you." One of Josie's singers popped up ready to help the ginger. Her gaze focused on the ginger as her green eyes gazed at him.

"Understatement of the year" Mateo muttered as everyone else ignored him and focused on the conversation between the two as she sat awfully close to him.

"But there's this amazing songwriter from New York, who's an adjunct at Carson College? Incredible mentor. He does some coaching on the side and I told him about you. You wanna meet him?" She smiled as Archie lit up and any thoughts of his booty tutor disappeared.

"Yeah, yeah I'd love to, but football" He exclaimed as his shoulders fell realizing his predicament until Betty stepped in "No, Archie can. And he will."

"Call him if you want, but do it soon. His spots fill up fast." She handed him a card as he took it and grinned, "Thank you, Val." She nodded giving him a grin before walking away leaving them to deal with a mood-swinging ginger.

"Hey, now you have zero excuses for avoiding music."Betty cheered for Archie as Mateo smirked at his favorite approaching ginger as she spoke up, "Sorry to interrupt Sad Breakfast Club, but I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend."