07: 𝕬 𝕭𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗

"What's all this?" Hermione asked as Smithers came in with packages stacked on top of each other

"Some retail therapy to salve my emotional wounds, a few treasures from Glamazon.com." Veronica smiled before turning to Smithers, "Smithers, be a love and hand those to my brother."

She smiled as he grabbed the packages from him and left them on her bed walking out to hear the tension surrounding the room.

"Veronica, the nest egg that your father left us barely covers the rent of this apartment. We can't live beyond our means." She furrowed her eyebrows worried on how this would impact them.

"Are you sure, Mother? Not even with your cushy new job working for your high-school boyfriend?" She said sarcastically walking out as he grabbed his bag, not saying a word. There was nothing to be said anyways at least not with him lashing out.

Following Veronica, he climbed into the car where Smithers left them at school.  The silence between the two went unnoticed by everyone else as they walked in to student lounge as everyone else piled in. Two people in particular seemed awfully close as they sat together. A unusual pair to say the least. The girl next door and teen angst.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her shameful condition" Betty spoke as they all sat around in the lounge.

"Please.What decade is this?" Veronica sipped her coffee and directed her focus onto a better outlet. School would serve to be a distraction for her and Mateo.

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did.." Betty spoke not wanting to say what others could think.

"She could be the murderer, trying to cover her tracks" Jughead finished obviously unfazed.

"Who did burn the car, then?"

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us"

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move" Veronica responded as Mateo glanced around. The student lounge wasn't the best place to talk about this especially considering the topic of conversation involves a certain Blossom.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty sighed before Jughead wrapped his arm around her confirming his suspicions of the unusual couple.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police" V spoke up as Archie agreed "Second it."

"We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet" Kevin tried to help.

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms.They're the first people that he would tell" Jughead pointed out which wasn't a lie. The Blossoms had wealth and wealth went a long way with power as Mateo had experienced firsthand.