Chapter Five

AN: Short Chapter guys I'm sorry. But I'm kinda experiencing writer's block, but that shouldn't affect anything since when I get my "inspiration periods" I write multiple chapters but in my later chapters they might be trash so forgive me. If you see any errors please be sure to tell me so I can fix them. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Arielle's POV: 

"So did you like the party tonight?" I asked Jaylin.

Jaylin and I were currently back in our apartment, we just came back from her birthday party and it was around 4 in the morning. Luckily her birthday happened to fall on a Friday so we wouldn't have to skip school.

"Huh? Yea... yea it was good." She said.

"Sorry I missed the cake." I apologized.

"Its- it's fine." She said.

Ever since Jaylin came outside and found me with Liliana, she's been acting strange.

"Jaylin what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing is wrong." She said and continued to look at the TV even though I knew she was barely paying attention to what was on it.

"Jaylin, tell me." I whined.

"It's just, you say you're not ready for a relationship, but then I find you kissing Je- that woman, and I just don't understand."

I let out a deep sigh and said "Look Jaylin, I know what I said, it's just that... I don't know I actually felt a connection with that woman Jay, I felt, comfortable. Hell I even told her what happened to me. So clearly that means something." 

"I know Arielle but it's kinda frustrating that you said that you wanted to avoid her and then to see you lip-locked with her it just-" 

"What?" I asked, cutting her off.

"Nothing." Jaylin said and went back to focusing on the television.

"Jaylin, you are not going to go back to watching TV, what did you just say."

"I said that you wanted to avoid her and then you're kissing her..." she mumbled.

"Are you telling me that that was Jennifer!" I yelled.

"What did she tell you her name was?" Jaylin asked.

"She said she was your cousin and her name was Liliana." 

"Arielle you've literally met my whole family, you know that I don't have a cousin named Liliana. Couldn't you tell who she was?"

"Well obviously I couldn't because if I did I wouldn't have kissed her. Better yet, I wouldn't have confided in her about how I feel. About her!" 

"Look, I'm sorry Arielle." 

"Oh my gosh Jay." I said, and put my head in my hands. "Why didn't you tell me it was her when you saw us?"

"Because you guys  were practically sucking each other's faces off."

"This is bad Jay. I literally told her about how I felt about her leaving... I let her see how much she destroyed me when she  left. " I said.

"Well maybe this isn't such a bad thing." Jaylin said.

"How could this possibly be a good thing?" I asked confused.

"Well maybe now you can get some closure." She said.

"I guess you're right." I said.

"She's gonna be here for a week, talk to her."

"How am I supposed to do that? I have no way to contact her." I explained.

"You deleted her phone number?" Jaylin asked.

I nodded my head and she said "Well I''ll tell her to meet you at the Starbucks around the corner at 5.

"Okay..." I sighed."Look Jay, imma go inside my room." 

Jaylin  walked over to me and suddenly hugged me. "I just don't want you to get hurt again Arielle." She said.

"Don't worry I won't, thanks." I said and went inside my room and fell asleep once my body hit the mattress.