Chapter Fourteen

AN: I'm actually going to stick to my word so here you guys go. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Arielle's POV:

"Hey Jaylin have you seen Ava?" I asked as we were walking back to my car.

"No, she wasn't in my Art lecture this whole week. Do you think she's alright?" Jaylin asked.

It's been a 2 weeks since I broke the news to Ava.

"I hope so." I said hopping into the driver's seat. I tried to convince myself that Ava was okay, but there was this feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me that something was wrong.

-------------------------------

"Arielle are you okay?" I heard her ask me.

I looked over at Jennifer and found her staring at me. It was Saturday and both her and I agreed that we didn't want to do anything so we just stayed in my room, cuddling and watching movies.

"It's just that throughout today, you've been checking your phone pretty often. Are you expecting something?"Jennifer asked.

"No, it's just... nothing." I said and glanced at my phone.

I've been texting Ava all day but she hasn't responded to any of my text messages.

"I'm gonna go to Jaylin's room a bit to talk to her." I said to Jennifer.

She nodded and released me from her hold.

I headed to Jaylin's room and knocked on the door. I heard a come in from the other side so I opened to door, stepped in, and closed it right behind me.

"Hey Ari what's up?" Jaylin asked looking up from her textbook.

"It's Ava..." I said.

"What is she like, bothering you or something?" She asked.

"No, I'm just... worried about her." I said to her.

"Why exactly?" Jaylin asked, confused.

"I mean she wasn't at Uni for a whole week and she hasn't been answering my text messages." I told her.

"I mean you literally just broke the girl's heart Ari, do you really expect for her to be answering your text messages?" She asked.

"Wow, thanks for making me feel better..." I mumbled under my breath.

"Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad." she apologized.

"Okay, I understand the text messages, but what about not showing up for Uni?" I asked.

"There's probably an explanation for that. Maybe she got sick. I mean it is getting colder." 

"I guess so..." I said and left her room and went to mine.

"Hey Arielle, your phone went off while you were in Jaylin's room." Jennifer said as I entered.

"Do you know who it was?" I asked her, to which she shook her head.

I walked over to my phone and looked at the screen and felt the color leave my face.

1 Missed Call Ava - 10:39

Ava: Help - 10:40

"Jen I have to go." I said grabbing my car keys and  put on some Nike Slides and quickly walked out of the room.

"Go where?" She asked, trailing after me.

"I'll explain later." I said and rushed to my car.

"Shit." I said to myself as I tried to call Ava again, but I was greeted with a voicemail.

I rushed to Ava's flat.

12C.

I tried opening the door but it was locked.

I quickly thought back to when Ava told me where she left her spare key.

I checked under the plant pot that was in the hallway and found it. I hurriedly unlocked the door and shouted "Ava!" but I wasn't greeted with a response.

I ran into her bedroom and found her passed out on the floor. I rushed to her and called out her name repeatedly. I then felt her neck for a pulse, and there was one, but it was faint.

I quickly took out my phone and called an ambulance.

I looked around her body and saw a lighter and cotton balls. I then looked over her body and saw that there was a hypodermic needle stuck in her right arm.

Don't tell me...

I took the needle out of her arm and looked at the liquid that was in it and I immediately knew what it was.

Heroin.