Chapter Eleven

Jennifer's POV:

Arielle and I were currently in the restaurant called "Cheesecake Factory" waiting for Jaylin to arrive with her date.

"Do you think they'll show?" Arielle asked looking at her phone to check the time.

"Honestly, I have no idea..." I said to her, and that was the truth I didn't. For all I know this could've been Jaylin's master plan, to get me alone, on a date, with Arielle.

"Sorry we're late." I heard a voice say.

I looked up and saw it was Jaylin with another girl next to her. The girl was really short, had red hair that was clearly dyed, and had baby blue eyes.

"Hey Arielle." The girl said and sat across from Arielle and I in a booth sitting next to Jaylin.

"Hey Sophie..." Arielle said, clearly sounding unenthusiastic.

We ordered our food and decided to make small talk while waiting.

"So who are you?" The girl, I think her name was Sophie, asked, clearly upset that I was here.

"I'm Jennifer, and you are?" I asked the nicest way I could.

"Sophie, I go to school with Arielle and Jaylin. But how do you know them because you seem pretty up there in age." She said.

"Sophie." Arielle said to the girl in a warning tone.

"What, I'm just asking a question. So... how do you know them?" She repeated her question.

"I'm Jaylin's cousin if it's really that important to you." I said, getting slightly annoyed.

"It wasn't I was just curious." Sophie said, flashing me a smile that was clearly fake.

"Well I'm glad I helped." I responded sarcastically.

I looked at the girl and saw that she was already staring at me, with a look that showed that she clearly didn't like me.

What have I done to this girl for her to not like me? I asked myself.

---------------------------------------

Once our food came out Jaylin and Sophie started having a conversation of their own, leaving Arielle and I with nothing to do but good.

"Do you like your food?" I asked.

She laughed and said "Wow, I didn't know we got to the point where we had cringe-worthy conversations."

"Sadly, I thought we would have to wait until we were at least 80 to have these type of conversations." I joked.

She let out a laugh and I had forgotten why I liked it so much. Just hearing it made me smile.

"So, can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Ask away." She said and took a sip of her soda.

"Are we like... friends?" I asked her, scared to hear her answer.

"Yea... I would like to hope we are, maybe even more than friends..." she mumbled.

"Really!?" I unintentionally asked aloud.

"Ssshh... we'll finish this conversation later." She said, and went back to eating her food.

When I looked up I saw that Jaylin was looking at me with a weird look on her face, which Sophie was staring daggers at me. So I looked back down and continued eating.
—————————————————————
"I had a good time." Jaylin said.

We had just finished eating and were standing outside of the restaurant saying our goodbyes.

"Yea I did too, even though... I would've liked it if it was just Arielle and I." Sophie said and winked at Arielle.

Arielle gave out a nervous chuckle and said to Sophie "How are you getting home?"

"Jaylin drove me here and was gonna drive me back, unless... you want to do it instead?" The girl asked.

"Uh... sorry I can't because..." Arielle paused, clearly trying to think of an excuse.

"She can't because she has to drive me home, sorry, maybe next time though." I said and flashed her a fake smile.

"Yea, of course. Bye Ari baby." Sophie said and dragged Jaylin away to her car.

"Really 'Ari baby'?" I asked, looking over at Arielle.

"Honestly don't even bother asking." She said.

"Don't worry I wasn't gonna." I said.

"So do you actually need a ride?" Arielle asked.

"Yea, if you don't mind of course?"

"Obviously I don't mind if I offered." Arielle said jokingly.

"Whatever." I mumbled and sat in the passenger seat of her car.

The whole car ride was silent, but when we entered the apartment I decided to question her about our conversation at the table.

"So... you would like to be more than friends?" I asked her.

"Yea, I mean that's only if you want."

"Of course that's what I want, does that mean that we're...?" I trailed off.

"No." She said bluntly.

"What?" I asked, confused about what I was hearing.

"No, we're not dating but, we can be in that little phase where we can't date other people." She said with a smile on her face.

I was kinda disappointed that she didn't want to be exclusive, but this is a step towards that so I'm fine with it.

"I'm gonna go to sleep I'm tired. " she said yawning and walked over to me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Really that's all I get?" I asked, forming a pout.

"Yea it is, sorry but I'm tired." She said, while  yawning.

"Alright goodnight 'Ari baby'." I joked.

"Shut up. Goodnight Jen." She said and went into her room.

I laid down on the couch and stared at the ceiling and thought, My wish came true.

Arielle forgave me.