Chapter Six

AN: Here you guys go! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Jennifer's POV:

I was currently at Starbucks, waiting for Arielle to show up. I was shocked when Jaylin texted me saying that Arielle wanted to talk.

But more than anything I was scared. What did she want to talk about?

At this point, I wasn't even entirely sure that she was even going to show. It was already 6:30 and we were supposed to meet at 5.

Just as I was about to leave, Arielle walked in.

She looked around, trying to find me. Once we locked gazes, her face changed, as if she didn't want to be here. She quickly broke her gaze and headed towards the counter to buy something. When she was done she came over to the table where I was, and sat down in the chair across from me.

She didn't say anything and looked out the window while sipping on her coffee. While she was looking out the window I took the time to admire her face. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun, with a few strands out, but they seemed perfectly in place, almost as if them being there was intentional. She had on a white tank top that read the word "Thrasher" on it in pink letters. The tank top was pretty revealing so I couldn't help but let my eyes wander to her cleavage.

Once I realized what I was doing I quickly averted my eyes back up to her face to meet her gaze. She was just staring at me, and her face held no expression so I had no idea how she was feeling.

"Hi." I decided to say.

"Hey." She mumbled.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

She let out a deep sigh and said "Why didn't you tell me who you were?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Last night at the party, why didn't you tell me who you were?" She asked again.

"I just... I don't know. I guess it was because I knew that if I told you who I was, you wouldn't talk to me and would've walked away but... I wanted to see you, to talk to you." I said.

She looked down at the table and quietly asked "Why?"

I didn't respond because the amount of guilt that rushed through me.

"I said why Jennifer!" She shouted and looked up at me, and I saw tears freely flowing from her eyes. And her eyes, I saw so much raw emotion in them, so much hurt, and to know that I caused that... made me feel terrible.

"I wanted to see you okay... I missed you so much Arielle you have no idea... and to be able to have a normal conversation with you, without you looking at me... the way you are now."

"I mean what did you expect, for me to welcome you with open arms. You hurt me Jennifer." She said, sounding like she was getting angry.

"I know I did Arielle, truly I do, it's just as I said before I really did miss you."

"If you knew you would've missed me you wouldn't have left." She said.

"I had to leave Arielle... it was best if I did." I said, tears starting to form in my own eyes.

"No you didn't have to leave Jennifer. I was going to introduce you to my parents Jennifer, we were going to be able to go out and be seen in public together." She said.

"Arielle," I sighed. "You and I both know that we wouldn't have immediately be able to be seen in public with each other. And whose to say that your parents would accept me, I mean I was your teacher."

"Then if we couldn't be seen we would wait, and if my parent wouldn't accept you, who cares. I would've made it work because..." She suddenly stopped.

"Because what Arielle?" I asked.

"Because I was in love with you okay? But that doesn't matter anymore." She rushed out.

"Arielle why didn't you tell me before I left... that would've changed everything." I said, shocked that she even said that.

"Why would me telling you I loved you have changed anything Jennifer? I shouldn't have because you said that you loved me, and if you loved me like how you said you did you wouldn't have left." She said.

"It actually would've changed a lot. You telling me you loved me... I probably wouldn't have been able to leave."

"I hope you know that nothing that you're saying right now is making me any less angry." She said, sarcastically.

I gave a little chuckle and said "I know that... but it's the truth. I really did- do love you Arielle, and I'm sorry for leaving you. It was a mistake, and I thought it was the best decision at the time."

"Yea whatever." She said, picking up her coffee, and storming out of the store.

I guess my wish wasn't granted.