Chapter Nine

AN: Here you guys go, another chapter because it's officially summer! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Jennifer's POV:

We've been in this room for what felt like hours and we haven't even spoken not a single word to each other. For however long we've been in here Arielle has just been sitting at the door staring at me, and whenever I look at her she immediately looks somewhere else.

"Arielle.." I called out, tired of the silence.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"A little." I heard her mumble.

"Can you sit here please?" I asked and patting the spot near me on the bed.

She eyed the spot for a couple of seconds and then decided to sit next to me.

I don't know if she did this on purpose but we were sitting pretty close to each other, and we were both wearing shorts, so our thighs were touching each other, which caused my thigh to tingle.

"Did you need something?" She asked.

"I just wanted to apologize again, you may not believe me but I'm really sorry for leaving you. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea at the time... I just did. So yea I'm really sorry for the pain that I've caused you but just know while I was away from you," I paused and put my hand on top of hers, which she didn't pull away. "I was hurt too."

"It's fine Jennifer, I forgive you." I heard her say.

"Really?" I asked, shocked that she forgave me so easily.

"Yea, I can't hold a grudge against you forever for leaving." Arielle said.

I turned over to look at her and she met my gaze with her beautiful light green eyes.

I leaned in and kissed her, and she gladly reciprocated it. I slowly pushed her down on the bed, with me hovering over her. I broke the kiss and looked into her eyes and saw that they were filled with lust and were a little glossy.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything and just nodded her head.

I started to kiss on her neck and had a mischievous idea.

I bit down on her neck and heard her moan, which made me extremely wet.

"Jennifer, don't..." she moaned.

I bit down even harder and sucked lightly. I pulled back and observed to red mark I left.

I moved my hands toward her shorts and unbuttoned them. I slipped my hands in her pants, when I heard a knock on the door.

The lock opened and someone opened the door and said "Arielle, your time is..." the girl stopped her sentence.

The girl was gorgeous. She had long, straight, silky black hair. And blue eyes, and she seemed to have an accent, possibly a British one.

She looked at me, then at Arielle and I saw tears form in her eyes. The girl didn't say anything more and ran away.

"Wait Ava!" Arielle shouted, pushing me off of her a bolting out the room, not even bothering to fix herself.

When I fixed myself to at least look presentable I exited the room and was greeted by Jaylin.

"Wanna head out?" She asked.

"Sure." I sighed.
——————————————————————

"So, how'd it go?" Jaylin asked.

Jaylin and I were currently in my hotel room and she seemed to have sobered up.

"We kissed." I said to her.

"Really?" she asked shocked. "Did she forgive you?" She asked.

"Yes to both of the those questions. Did you maybe talk to her about forgiving me or something because when we met up she didn't seem like she was going to forgive me anytime soon.

"I told her to forgive you to get some closure, but it seems like closure was the last thing on her mind. She really kissed you?"

"Yea." I answered again.

"I guess that explains the crying Ava." Jaylin mumbled.

"Who's Ava?" I asked.

"The girl that we sent to get you and Arielle." Jaylin responded.

"Are they dating?" I asked.

"No, but I'm pretty sure they were going to if you hadn't come along."

"What's that supposed to mean? You make it sound like I'm some sort of home-wrecker. " I asked.

"Well... now since you're back Arielle won't be able to date Ava because she's not over you." She stated.

"It's not like she can't date her, I mean I'm only here for a couple more days." I said.

"I'm not sure about that." Jaylin mumbled.

"Jaylin..." I sighed. "What did you do?" I asked.

"I may have made you quit your old job." She said.

"What!?" I shouted.

"But... I got you a new one here." Jaylin said.

"Jaylin...how did you even manage to do that?" I asked.

"I know people Jennifer, you're teaching at a high-school by my apartment. I'll give you the details later."

"Jaylin where am I gonna stay, I can't stay in this hotel for the rest of my life." I said, putting my head in my hands.

"Yup, I know, that's why you're going to be staying with Arielle and I." She said.

"Did you even tell Arielle any of this?" I asked.

"Nope." Jaylin said popping the p.

"Did you set up this party too?" I asked, shocked that she managed to do all this.

"Yea... I knew Arielle wouldn't speak to you again so I know I had to do something. But the spin the bottle thing, was completely coincidental." She stated.

I just nodded my head.

All of a sudden Jaylin asked "Hey, why aren't you mad that I did all those things, I mean I lost your job, and you're gonna have to stay here."

"I mean I am a little mad... scratch that a lot mad, but I know you have good intentions, and honestly I'm trying to get Arielle back, so me being around her, or at least, living in the same state is a great start."

"I see, you're welcome for being the best cousin ever." She said jokingly.

"Thanks, but I have to ask, are you okay with this?" I asked.

"Okay with what?" She asked, confused.

"With me trying to get back with Arielle." I stated.

"Oh... yeah why wouldn't I be. Even though my best friend dating my cousin is kinda weird, I know you two are good for each other." Jaylin said.

"You know exactly why Jaylin." I said slowly.

"I really don't."

"The kiss." I said bluntly.

"I was just playing the game Jennifer, relax." She said and heading inside the bathroom.

While she was in there I couldn't help but wonder if she was really okay.