Chapter Thirteen

AN: Lol this chapter is so short in my opinion so I'll probably just update tomorrow or something. Sorry if it's boring.

Arielle's POV: 

It's been a week since Jennifer and I have decided to well, try and start a relationship, and things were going well between us. But Ava and I on the other hand, things were going downhill.

"Hey Ari, when are you going to stop avoiding Ava?" Jaylin asked sitting down next to me.

I was currently in the Student Library trying to finish an essay I had to do for English.

I sighed and closed my laptop. "I don't know Jaylin."

"You're going to have to tell Ava about you and Jennifer eventually if your relationship to go somewhere." She said.

"I know it's just that... Ava is such a nice girl. And she was there when I needed someone, and I know this will crush her."

"I get it Arielle, I do. But you better tell her before you get in too deep." Jaylin said, standing up and leaving the library.

I thought over Jaylin's words as I took out my phone and texted Ava.

Me: Hey Ava, would you maybe want to go out for coffee tonight?

I was then greeted with a quick reply.

Ava: Sure, where and what time?

Me: Starbucks by my apartment and at 7.

Ava: It's a date.

I read over that last message and put my phone away.

I hope this goes well. I thought to myself.

--------------------------------

I got to the Starbucks earlier than the time I told Ava.

It was around 7:10 when she walked in with all her glory.  She waved at me and quickly got herself something to drink.

"So any particular reason why you called me out here after avoiding me for a week?" She asked with a smirk and an eyebrow raised.

"It's just..." I trailed off.

"You can say it Arielle." Ava cooed.

"You remember that... woman that you saw me with in that room during Sophie's party?" I asked.

A frown appeared on Ava's face as she nodded.

"Well her and I... we've decided to try and start a relationship." I said softly looking at my 

I didn't hear a response so I looked up at Ava and saw tears welling in her eyes.

"Arielle...why? I thought you liked me..." She said as she was trying to contain the tears.

"I do... it's just that I like you as a friend." I said to her.

Now the tears were just falling from her eyes.

"So what, this girl shows up and all of a sudden you leave me." Ava said.

"It's not like that Ava..." I said.

"Really. So what is it like then Arielle!?" She asked.

"It's like..." I trailed off because it actually was like that.

"Wow... after all I've done for you." She said and stood up from her seat.

"Goodbye Arielle." She said and stormed out of the Starbucks.

I sighed and put my head down on the table.

That was awful.