Chapter Ten

AN: Here's another one for you guys.

Arielle's POV: 

"Who is she?" Ava asked.

I sighed because I knew I would have to talk to her about this at some point I just didn't think it would be so soon. We were both in my apartment after I convinced her to come over to talk about what happened, it took a while to but eventually I did.

"Ava... it's a long story." I said.

"I have time, there's nowhere I need to be and nothing I need to do." She said looking at me with her puffy eyes.

"Look, if I tell you you have to promise not to tell anyone." I said to her.

"Okay." She said nodding.

"That girl was Jaylin's cousin." I said to her.

"Really, then what's so bad about that? Why can't I tell anyone?" Ava asked.

Should I tell her? I asked myself. I contemplated telling her the truth. If I wanted our relationship to go anywhere, we would have to start trusting each other, which means that I should tell her this. But telling her this could also open a huge can of worms.

"Nothing, it's just that I thought people might find it weird." I said.

"Do you like her?" Ava asked.

I hesitated before responding "No..."

"Alright." she said and stood up.

"Aren't you gonna stay over?" 

"No, there's some... homework that I have to finish up."

"Okay then, do you want me to drive you?" I asked.

"No it's fine, you're already home. I can get someone else to do it."

"Alright, bye." I said to her. She waved and left the apartment.

"Well that was the most awkward conversation ever." I mumbled to myself.

------------------------------

"What the fuck!?" I exclaimed when I entered the apartment.

In the living room I saw Jennifer there with Jaylin on the couch, and next to the couch there was luggage.

"Um whose is this?" I asked as I walked over to them.

"About that... um Jennifer got fired so she's gonna stay with us for a while. You know, until she finds her own place." Jaylin said.

"Jaylin, my room, now." I said and walked to my room. I few seconds later Jaylin came in and closed the door behind her.

"Look-" 

"What the hell Jaylin?" I said, cutting her off.

"Look Arielle she needed a place to stay. What did you expect me to do, leave her out on the street? She has no place Ari."Jaylin said.

"I get that but still, you couldn't have gave me a notice before it actually happened." I said, getting frustrated.

"I know, and I'm sorry but if I told you, you probably would've said no." Jaylin said.

I sighed and collapsed on my bed, "It's fine." I said to her.

"You sure?" she asked sitting next to me.

"Yea."

"Okay well, a little birdie told me that you and Jennifer kissed."

"Oh my gosh don't remind me." I said and grabbed my pillow, putting it on my face.

"Arielle you know this is a big deal right?" 

"How so?" I asked.

"Did you know what you were doing when you were kissing Jennifer?" Jaylin asked.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"So, that means that you still have feelings for her!" Jaylin shouted getting excited.

"Let's not jump to conclusions Jay." I said.

"Arielle do you still have feelings for Jennifer?" Jaylin asked seriously.

"I don't know, I think so." 

"OMG! You guys should totally go out on a date!" 

"I don't know Jay..." I said, sounding hesitant.

"Don't you wanna get to where you guys were before she left?" She asked.

"I mean... yes, but what about Ava?" 

"What about her?" Jaylin asked, sounding confused.

"She likes me, I'd feel bad to let her down."

"Do you want to date Ava?" 

"I mean before your party and meeting Jennifer again the answer would've been yes but know, since she's here... I don't think I will been able to date her." I said, finally admitting it to myself.

"Well that's great! I'm gonna set you and Jennifer up on a double date." 

"Woah, woah what?" 

This escalated quickly. I thought to myself.

"Yea, you and Jennifer, and me and this person I know. It's gonna be great promise." Jaylin said .

"Who's this 'person'?" I asked.

"Probably just a friend. Gotta go tell Jennifer." She said and quickly left my room.

I sighed and laid down.

I wonder how this double date is gonna go. I thought to myself.