Chapter Twenty-Two

PLEASE READ!

AN: Hey guys, sorry it has been a while, I have just been caught up in school, but seeing as the quarter just ended I should be able to relax... for now, and relaxing equals more chapters! I also have been working on a new book that I think has A LOT of potential and am going to publish the first chapter to later this week so when that happens please show some love to it it would really mean a lot. But anyways heres another chapter I hope you guys like it. If there are any errors please tell me so I can fix them. And make sure to comment and vote! Enjoy! 

Arielle's POV:

"The other reason was because... Jaylin had a crush on you."

Jaylin? Had a crush? On Me?

"Wait did you just say Jaylin had a crush on me?" I asked, shocked.

Jennifer slowly nodded her head.

There's no way.

"For how long?" I asked.

Jennifer shook her head and didn't answer.

"If it was just a simple crush, why did you break up with me over it."

"It wasn't just for that reason," Jennifer said and then looked me straight in the eye.

"Arielle, Jaylin has a crush on you. That is all I'm going to say on the matter. If you want to know 'how much'," she air quoted, "she likes you you're going to have to get the answers.

"Jennifer." I whined leaning onto her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Arielle, but it's not my place to say." She said and then laid her head on top of mine.

"Okay." I said, respecting her wishes. "But do you know where she went?" I asked her.

"Weren't you just with her?" Jennifer asked.

I got off of her shoulder and said "Yea, she told me she was going to Sophie's house, but I don't know if that's a lie or not."

"Well, try first. Then if you can't find her call me and we'll figure it out."

"Alright, I'm off. Bye."

"Bye baby." Jennifer said and pecked me on the lips.

She called me baby. That's so cute.

Hearing her say the word "baby" made my heart flutter.

"Why are you just standing there looking at me?" She asked with a small smile on her face.

"Nothing. See ya." I said, and headed out the door.

The drive to Sophie's house was only 30 minutes, but it felt like hours.

As I was driving, many thoughts rushed through my head. 

How long has Jaylin had a crush on me?

Is she over it now?

And most importantly, why didn't she tell me?

I finally arrived at Sophie's house.

"Well here goes nothing." I mumbled to myself.

I knocked on the door but there was no response.

So I knocked again, more forcefully this time, and I heard locks unlocking and then the door immediately flew open.

"What do you-" Sophie started to yell but stopped when she saw it was me.

"Arielle, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked, looking at little nervous.

"Where's Jaylin?" I asked.

"She's not here." 

"What do you mean she's not here?" I asked, confused.

"I mean what I said, Jaylin isn't here." Sophie repeated.

"She told me that she was here." 

Sophie rolled her eyes and said "She's not here anymore."

I thought she liked me, so why is she treating me so terribly right now?

"So can I come inside to make sure she isn't here?" I asked, knowing she was lying.

"No." Sophie said bluntly.

"Sophie please, this is important." 

She sighed and said "Fine.",opening the door so she could let me in.

"Where is she?" I asked Sophie as she was locking the front door.

"In my room, upstairs." She said.

I started heading up the stairs, but stopped when Sophie called my name.

"Arielle," 

I turned around to face her. "Yeah?" 

"Don't hurt her." She said with a very serious look on her face.

I just gave Sophie a small smile and continued up the stairs.

I couldn't promise that I wouldn't hurt her, because I have absolutely no clue what's gonna happen in that room.

I finally stood in front of Sophie's room, and I could her sobs coming from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and saw Jaylin sitting on Sophie's bed, tears streaming from her eyes.

She looked up and saw that it was me, and tried to wipe the tears away.

"Arielle, what are you doing here?" 

I didn't say anything and sat down on the bed next to her.

"Jaylin..." I said trailing off.

"I g-guess if you're here Jennifer must've t-told you ri-right?" She asked sniffling.

I nodded my head and said "Yes, she did."