Chapter Twenty

AN: Sticking to my word? I think so. Thank you, all of you beautiful people, for reading this book.💜 I know the book seems boring now but TRUST ME, things are going to get really interesting VERY soon. Don't forget to comment and vote. Also if you have anything to say about this book, criticism, ideas, anything, please feel free to tell me!

Arielle's POV:

It's been a month since Jennifer and I started to give us a shot and things have been going great between us. I felt that I was ready to be exclusive with her, but I didn't know if that's what she wanted.

My English Lecture had just finished and I was looking for Jaylin. I went out to the hang out area and saw that she was sitting at a table talking to somebody.

As I approached the table I realized that the person she was talking to was Sophie.

Just kill me now. I thought to myself.

"Hey Jaylin." I said sitting down next to her. 

"Oh, hey Sophie." I added, trying to be polite.

"Hey Arielle." They both said.

We started talking about school related things when I looked behind me and saw Ava sitting under a tree.

"Jaylin?" 

"Hm?" She asked.

"Did you know Ava was back?" I asked her.

"She's here!?" She asked and then looked where I was looking.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." I said and stood up from the table.

"I really don't think that's a good idea Ari." Jaylin said.

"We'll see." I said and walked over to where Ava was.

She had her head in a book and had earphones in so I don't think that she heard me walking towards here.

"Ava?" I said, but got no response.

"Ava." I said again but a bit louder, to which got no response.

"Ava!" I yelled. She looked up at me, and then looked back at her book.

I sighed and then sat down next to her.

"Look Ava, I'm sorry." I said to her.

She looked over at me again and took her earbuds out of her ears and gave me a look as if to say continue.

"I'm really sorry, about everything Ava and I really don't like that we aren't on speaking terms because you are a great person." I said to her.

"You only have yourself to blame for that." She scoffed.

For some reason hearing this triggered something in me, and I exploded.

I stood up and said "Look Ava, nobody told you to get yourself into the hospital okay! Nobody forced you to take those drugs, nobody forced you to drink, you did it to yourself. So don't try to put this on me! I know it was wrong for me to end things with us like that, but there was no reason for you to get angry at me for trying to help you!" I finished and stormed off. 

I could hear Ava calling my name but I ignored her. I walked back up to the table where Sophie and Jaylin were sitting and said "I'm leaving."

"But we still have lectures." Jaylin said.

"I don't care, I'm leaving." I said and stormed off to my car.

When I finally got back to my apartment, I noticed that Jennifer wasn't in the living room, which was odd since it's pretty much her favorite place to be.

I went into my room and noticed that she was in there laying on one of my bean bag chairs and watching TV. 

"Oh hey Arielle, you're back early." She said, standing from the bean bag chair.

"Well that's because I left early." I said to her.

"Why?" She asked.

"I tried to apologize to Ava,and then she told me that everything that happened was my fault, and I just snapped at her because  I was just so sick of feeling guilty for something that wasn't even my fault." I explained.

"Arielle... it's fine. You did the right thing okay? She needs to realize that it's her fault and that she needs to get help." Jennifer said.

"Yea... thanks Jen." I said and hugged her.

"No problem."She responded and hugged me back.

"Hey Jen?" I called out.

"Yea?" 

"When do you start your new job?" I asked her.

"I'm starting next Monday, why?" She responded.

"Just wondering, you've just been a lazy bum this past month." I joked.

Laughing, she playfully hit me on my shoulder and responded "Whatever, I'm your lazy bum."