CHAPTER 11 - BURNT

CHAPTER 11 – BURNT

"Cut ! Alright, Eric, you take a break, and get ready for the next scene." Penny Marshall clapped her hands as the staff members busied themselves. The upcoming scene was the one where Mike, donning a large and wet suit, walked around the school hallways searching for the mysterious janitor.

It was the afternoon of the first day of shooting, the set was located at a private high school in Beverly Hills. When the school's board learned about the script's content, they readily agreed to attend to the filming crew for free, on the premise that the school's name in the script had to be changed to theirs. This was a win-win situation, the crew received free space which saved budget money, and the high school would gain the best kind of publicity. The crew deliberated shortly before quickly agreeing.

They had taken a lot of simple shots in the morning, so they decided to shoot the scene of Mike looking for the old janitor the afternoon.

"Eric, the way you're dressed right now is seriously shabby, you look like one of those dirty hobos from downtown." Drew Barrymore mocked as she sat crossed legged on a chair.

Eric certainly wouldn't care about a thirteen-year-old girl, he indifferently replied: "Hey, Maggie, that's no way to speak to your father."

Drew sneered: "As an eighteen-year-old virgin ? You're overreaching."

Aniston came holding a towel at this time, and hearing Drew making fun of her sweetheart, she immediately retorted: "He's still better than certain people by a hundred times."

Drew didn't even put Aniston in her eyes as she eyed her from head to toe. She revealed a derisive smile as she stood up from her chair and deliberately wriggled her own slender waist.

Eric had to say, this was really a low move.

Aniston's plump figure was the achilles' heel that boosted her low self-esteem, to make this kind of mocking gesture in front of the boy she liked, she was like a cat whose tail had been stepped on. She threw away the towel she was holding and bounced towards Drew. Don't just look at her sweet and innocent smile, Annie was a girl who worked and lived in Los Angeles alone, how would someone like her not know how to fend for herself ?

Catching a glance of an impending war, Eric quickly stopped Aniston; he took her hands and sat beside her as he affectionately bit her earlobe and whispered something to her. Feeling Eric's breath on her slender neck, Aniston couldn't help but giggle. She coquettishly made a fist and gently hammered his shoulder: "Eric, you're so bad, how can you say that."

Drew had perked her ears up but couldn't catch what Eric had said, she wrinkled her nose and grunted as she turned around and pretended not to care.

"Eric, get ready for the next scene."

"Be right there, Penny." Eric patted Annie's little hands, stood up and walked towards the set.

As for why Drew kept nitpicking at Eric, it had started this morning. Although he and Annie hadn't really put a name on their relationship, everyone could see how close they were. Some made fun of them, some were envious, and others, like Drew, were just annoyed.