Chapter 72 - The real winner

The award's ceremony continued, This year's Golden Globes awards has not been affected by Eric 'Butterfly' effect, In addition to his two films few nominations, There is no change in the list of winners.

As with the original time and space, the best actress of the class still appeared three winners, Michael Douglas, who is responsible for announcing the winner looks at the list in the envelope, hesitated for more than ten seconds without reading the name, he thought the organizers made a mistake.

Until Michael received a hint from the organizers, Then safely read out the list: "The one won the best actress in a drama is: Jodie Foster for her role in 《The Accused》."

The audience just burst into sporadic applause, Michael quickly accelerated the rate of his speech: "and Sigourney Weaver for her role in 《Gorillas in the Mist》. And Shirley MacLaine for her role in 《Madame Sousatzka》."

Eric already expected this result, but other people were in shock, after a few seconds of stagnation, the thunderous applause resounded through the Hilton Hotel banquet hall.

After Continuous applause, the three heroines Hesitantly took to the stage, Confirmed the list in Michael Douglas's hands together, Only to calm down.

After getting there trophy's, Jodie Foster and Sigourney Weaver deliberate handed over the microphone to the oldest one of them Shirley MacLaine.

Shirley MacLaine is a Hollywood legend, She is 55 years old, her first debut was in the fifties, her career was flourishing in the 60s and 70s, she has already won the Oscar, Golden Globes, Venice Film Festival, and the Berlin Film Festival, she won the Best Actress Award in all of the four major movie events. But did not get the Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Award to achieve the grand slam dunk.

It can be considered a sad thing that Shirley MacLaine, at other film awards ceremony's to get a series of nominations and awards but did not even get nominated at the Cannes film festival in all these years.

With a smile, holding her trophy she went in front of the microphone, Shirley MacLean started her award-winning speech: "This is really a surprising result ..."

After the best actress award, Best Actor and Best Picture like everyone expected, 《Rain Man》 indisputably won the two awards, with the movie getting the golden globe awards and using autism as a topic, the movie is sure to bounce back in the box office.

Unlike previous life, Now 《Rain Man》 released for five weeks, it's easy for the movie to harvest more money from Christmas and New Year stalls, probably get 40 million dollars more in box office revenue.

In parallel time and space, 《Rain Man》 although hasn't been amazing at the box office, with up to 25 weeks in the long-term screening process, with the highest week achieving a 17 million dollar, with the rest of the weeks staying at the top 10 Rank.

For up to six months at the box office, 《Rain Man》 not only did the film not clash with other movies, but also the film did not encounter any box office dark horse. With Tom Cruise's box-office appeal and winning some small awards, Ended up eventually creating a $170 million at the box office Domestically.

And now, That situation certainly will not happen again, 《Rain Man》 start was still strong, but with 《Home Alone》 and 《17 again》 combined extrusion, the box office will decline. In this case, to get six months of long-term screening period is unlikely, Not to mention there is Eric new movie 《Pretty Woman》.