Chapter 81 - Sincerity

There is no doubt that the one benefited the most is Julia Roberts, with the continuous release of 《Pretty Woman》, Julia felt like she has entered into an unknown world, in this new world everyone is humble and respectful to her as if she were a princess.

When she recorded a talk show at ABC, the entire production team was trying to please her, at every detail of the recording process, the program directors were seriously asking for her opinion.

At the same time, she got a lot of advertising offers, endorsements and invitations to become a spokeswoman for some big brands, her paycheck after the first-weekend box office released, directly jumped to $5 million, this figure many stars can only dream of attaining.

Al Pacino also completely come out of the shadow of the failure of four years ago, he became high-spirited again, and many old friends that he lost contact with for a while started popping up again, so he started attending one party after another.

Of course, some people become frustrated after the success of 《Pretty Woman》, With United artists beginning to publicize his new movie 《Road House》 Richard Gere is undoubtedly the one who lost the most. His CAA agent who boasted before that Eric's new film will be nothing in front 《Road House》 didn't show his face these days. Although Richard Gere knows the reasons for his agent's doing so, but he also felt that by rejecting Eric invitation, he will be doing a favor to Michael Ovitz, So he chose 《Road House》.

If 《Pretty Woman》 didn't achieve such great success, even if only a small explosion at the box office, Richard Gere will not feel bad, but 《Pretty Woman》 was successful, and it was a big success, only the first week of income is worth the total box office of many of his films. Seeing these, Richard Gere could no longer stay calm.

His anger made him forget that he made the choice to abandon 《Pretty Woman》 on his own, if the artists themselves insist on doing a movie, although CAA will try to put pressure on them, but they also can not force them to stop acting, But Richard Gere put all the blame on CAA, he felt like he was the victim of Michael Ovitz personal power play.

... ...

At Coca-Cola's headquarters in Atlanta, a crucial meeting about Columbia Pictures was being held.

In the hands of Coca-Cola President Roberto Goizueta, was the information of 《Home Alone》 and 《Pretty Woman》, next to him was sitting Colombian president Blount Cohen.

"The gambling agreement, that was your first mistake, of course with 《Home Alone》 income Columbia share prices from the previous $12 rose to $14 now, this can be weighed against your mistakes."

Roberto Goizueta said, after looking at another document: "But then, your bad behavior led directly to Eric Williams going to FOX, according to the agency expectations 《Pretty Woman》 North America box office could reach up to $200 million, and the overseas box office may be more than 50% of North America, 《Pretty Woman》 can bring at least $80 million of pure profits for FOX, which should have been Colombia."

Blount Cohen didn't dare reply, he was waiting quietly for the final decision of Coca-Cola board of directors. In fact, he already knew the result. Being a film company executives look great on the outside, but few people can understand the enormous pressure behind them.

With tens of millions of dollars of investment at every turn, every time a film is released, the results can bring great changes, some people because of the huge losses, directly packed up and left, never to recover, and some people because of the success of a project, suddenly was promoted to high places, enjoyed more power and interests. Of course, they also continued to live in fear of the next project.