CHAPTER 61 - GET-TOGETHER

CHAPTER 61 – GET-TOGETHER

Posted on March 27, 2017 by Elawn

"The Runkle didn't come ?" At a corner of the party, Jeffrey seemingly casually asked while holding a glass of red wine.

The next day after his return to L.A, Eric had decided to hold a get-together at his Beverly Hills mansion in order to thank everyone he had gotten to know in the past six months. He had invited James Brooks, Penny Marshall, Jeffrey Hanson, Michael Klaus, Edward Lewis, as well as the 17 Again and Home Alone crew, and several other acquaintances.

Since each guest was entitled to a plus one, there was around fifty people in total. It was fortunate that he had moved away, his old house probably wouldn't have been able to accommodate so many guests without feeling crowded.

Hearing Jeffrey's words, Eric indifferently shook his head: "I personally called to invite them, Charlie rejected me."

Jeffrey couldn't act as nonchalantly as Eric, he said: "I heard that Stuart Runkle has signed with the CAA, and that they've already arranged for him to act in three different movies by the end of next year. What are you gonna do about it ?"

Eric reassured him: "Relax Jeffrey, the CAA wanting to keep Stuart away from Home Alone is simply wishful thinking. You'll understand once those movies he stars in are released."

In his past life, Macaulay Culkin had also taken up quite a lot of movies after his rise to stardom, but the results were absolutely mediocre. Some producers, who had granted him a huge paycheck thanks to his fame, had even tons of money.

"You're implying that other movies that Stuart Runkle stars in won't do as well ?" Jeffrey asked.

Eric nodded: "Everyone thinks that Home Alone was a miracle, and I won't deny this point. But Stuart Runkle is, all in all, a newcomer, he can't compare to those veterans in the industry. Wait 'til next year, he needs us to stabilize his fame, by then, whether it be the CAA or his parents, they won't have a choice but to turn to us. The Runkle couple...."

Eric slurred his speech, unable to hide his disappointment. When he had called to invite the Runkle family, Charlie's attitude had been chilling cold, even somewhat disdainful.

Eric could definitely guess what was on the man's mind, he probably thought that Home Alone success was due to his son. Some people were like that, they felt like the world revolved around them.

"What if one of the movies he does ends up becoming a blockbuster ?" Jeffrey asked.

"Not mentioning the fact that it's highly unlikely, if it did happen, then good for him. Jeffrey, once Pretty Woman is released, you'll understand that I couldn't care less whether Home Alone gets a sequel or not."

At this moment, Eric caught a glimpse of Drew in her red dress, nonchalantly taking a glass of wine from one of the waiters' tray. He glared sharply at the girl, and she froze, before hastily putting the glass back and fleeing towards a group of young people.