CHAPTER 62 - ROXETTE

CHAPTER 62 – ROXETTE

Posted on March 28, 2017 by Elawn

"Hey, Penny, how's it going ?" After chatting with Jeffrey and James for a while, Eric started mingling with the other guests.

Penny Marshall meaningfully winked at the people she was with, who were tactfully enough to leave. "Still the same, I've been getting a lot of script offers, but none that could satisfy me, so I'm taking a break. Not everyone can be like you, shooting a second movie so soon after the first one."

Eric laughed: "It's not like I have a choice, so many people are eager to see me fail, I figured I'd give them something to shut them up. 17 Again has made 70 million $ at the box office so far, right ? Looks like it's only a matter of time before it passes the 100 million mark. I don't think another female director will be breaking your record any time soon."

Penny was used to the compliment, but still said: "Ha, speak for yourself ! Home Alone is still running and made 24 million $ last week alone."

"Alright, if you guys keep complimenting each other like this, I'll get nauseous." James Brooks suddenly interrupted: "Eric, I need to speak with Penny for a bit...."

"Sure, no problem." Eric nodded and headed somewhere else.

The get-together came to an end and Eric stopped Kapoor who was about to leave: "Kapoor, come with me for a bit please, there's something I need to discuss with you."

Kapoor nodded his head and followed Eric to his study on the second floor. The room was messy, and the newspapers clippings on the cork board were replaced by the handwritten storyboard of Pretty Woman.

Kapoor was somewhat startled by the messiness of the room. The entire mansion was neat and clean, which strangely contrasted with the scene he was now faced with.

Eric put away several files into a folder then back on a shelf before explaining: "This is where I work, the help isn't allowed here, thus the chaos."

"Doesn't Drew live here ? She could help."

Eric gave a chair to Kapoor and chuckled: "You're kidding, right ? Besides, I clean up some times."

"Sigh, you're too good to her."

Eric shrugged without answering, he put a tape into the tape recorder and pressed the play button: "Kapoor, listen to this."

It started with a fast-beat, and soon the singing started:

* It must have been love

* But it's over now

* Lay a whisper on my pillow,

* Leave the winter on the ground

* I wake up lonely, there's air of silence

* In the bedroom and all around