Chapter 75 - A Message to Steve Jobs

John Lasseter explained: "Mr. Williams, the girl movements do appear slightly stiff, before the production, I have reminded Mr. Hansen of this problem, Mr. Hansen insisted that we do it and see the effect."

Eric looked at Jeffrey, and Jeffrey nodded.

"Can't you make it a little smoother? Mr. Lasseter, Money isn't a problem, This logo will be used for many years, we have to strive for excellence."

John Lasseter shook his head: "Mr. Williams, I promise, this is currently the highest level of 3D animation, Pixar since last year started trying human motion modeling, and compared with the baby in our previous short film 《Tin Toy》, the little girl movement is a lot smoother, Other studios can't achieve this level."

When Eric heard the name 《Tin Toy》, a thought flashed in his mind, but he didn't catch it, his main focus was still on the Firefly's intro.

Since it is impossible to further improve the LOGO, Eric and Jeffrey started discussing in a low voice.

In the 30 seconds, in addition to the girls opening the cap of the glass jar to release the Firefly being slightly flawed, Everything else is perfect. And after some editing, the intro logo is going to be about 15 seconds, or shorter,

Intro Logos are generally about 15 seconds in length, or shorter, such as in the Super Bowl trailer they are going to make, they would perhaps use just five seconds. Therefore, 30 seconds of video materials are enough to cut out a more perfect logo.

In this case, Eric did not ask Pixar to start reworking, the next thing is a lot simpler, he signed some documents, and give the payment to John Lasseter. After everything was done, John refused Eric's invitation to dinner, and was about to leave, but was stopped by Eric.

"Mr. Lasseter, I remember you mentioned a short film 《Tin Toy》?"

John Lasseter nodded: "Yes, Mr. Williams, this short film is what we started working on in February last year, it's about five minutes long, it has been declared this year's Oscar's best short film."

Eric was completely convinced when he mentioned the Oscar.

"John, don't mind me addressing you like this, you can call me Eric. If you don't have anything urgent, can you stay and chat for a while? I'm very interested in 3D animation."

John Lasseter looked carefully at Eric's face, and he suddenly remembered that Eric would become Hollywood's youngest multimillionaire by virtue of 《Home Alone》 box office. Pixar is now at the end of its road and might collapse at any time. Maybe the young man could save Pixar.

With all this in mind, John became eager, "Sure, no problem Eric."

In Firefly's conference room, John explained: "The idea of 《Tin Toy》 come from my little nephew, last Christmas, I saw him crawling into a pile of tidy toys, in just a short time he upturned that pile of toys making a huge mess, he even broke some of them. After that the animation was produced, Eric if you're interested, I can call my assistant and bring the video."

Originally, Eric thought there are still five or six years for him to buy Pixar, but if Pixar once again signed a contract with Disney like in his past life, it will be very difficult and very costly.

In order for John Lasseter to know that he was truly interested in 3D animation, Eric agreed with John's proposal: "If it is convenient, then please ask your assistant to run a trip."

John made a phone call, and half an hour later the three of them returned to the screening room.

... ...