Chapter 130 - Little favors part 2

(TN Note: Hello everyone I'm still sick as hell, but not as before looks like the pills the doctor prescribed me have finally started to work.)

        Eric didn't care if Tom Cruise gets any award nominations for his performance, and he also didn't care if this film gets any awards, all Eric cares about at this point in time is the film box office.

As for the Oscar he promised Cruise, he really doesn't know if he can win it, he only told him he can win the Oscar, so he agrees to dress as a woman, and he really didn't feel guilty about tricking him. All directors, producers, actors, want to win the award but most of them don't. So that's why he is more concerned about the movie box office, after all, he is still young, he can still win it in the future, and for now, he will focus on making more money.

The theme of 《Running Out of Time》 is certainly novel, Only God knows if this film can get the attention of the Oscar judges?. In his past life, Andy Lau was able to win the Hong Kong Film Award for the Best Actor for his role in 《Running Out of Time》, but if you think about it, public relations probably helped a lot. Plus, in 1999 the Hong Kong Film Awards has been in full decline, so not many excellent films were competing for the awards.

---- ----

After repeating the shot for three times, Eric finally gave his approval, and the crew began moving to another room in the studio, this process took more than half an hour. When making a movie the time spent by actors in front of the camera is really short, most of the time is used to set the layout of the scenes.

Most of the scenes filmed in the first two days are Cruise's one-man show, he completed the scenes where he talks to 'Sean' the character played by Tom Hanks on the phone, as well as the scene where he dresses as a woman, as well as other scenes.

Although he had the entire original film in his mind, Eric still chose to design some new scenes himself, So that when the time for post-production comes he will have enough material, After all, this is a brand new Hollywood movie, he will have to add some changes.

According to the shooting schedule, this process will last three days, in the Fourth days Hanks and the other come to the studio. Eric was looking forward to the moment Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks interact and show their acting skills on the screen. Because, in his past life, the two superstars have never worked together on the same project.

Unlike in his past works, Eric has plenty of time to shoot the film, so on the fourth day Eric told the whole crew to pack up and leave after only eight hours of work, and told the deputy director to take the good film rolls to the editing room, and hurriedly left. In addition to shooting 《Running Out of Time》, he has other things to do.

The initial casting work for 《The Others》 and 《Scent of a Woman》 has been completed, but he still needs to attend the final selection process. Moreover, he also needs to keep an eye on the shooting progress of 《Steel Magnolias》 far away in Louisiana.

Herbert Ross has been filming 《Steel Magnolias》 for a month now, but he was very slow. In this month he only completed less than half of the film, and he will probably spend another month to finish filming, and at least another month for Post-production.

Moreover, the film may even face the risk of overspending, Eric was hoping this will happen, because Firefly isn't the only investor in 《Steel Magnolias》, Herbert Ross also invested three million dollars.

So Eric didn't mind spending another two million in the film, which will allow him to expand the shares of the Firefly, he was just waiting for Herbert Ross to ask.