Chapter 78 - First day at the box office

Eric nodded, said goodbye to Jeffrey and the others, and walked with Steve Jobs to a nearby coffee shop.

"It was a country full of devotion, I saw millions of pilgrims, so I was drawn to shave my head, without any discomfort or resistance. Instead, I followed the flow of people, walking all the way to the shore of the Ganges River. But at the same time, I saw the backwardness and ignorance of that country."

"Later I thought, Perhaps Thomas Edison's contribution to mankind far exceed those philosophers and artists. When I returned to California, I no longer pursued the illusory philosophy of life. Instead, I chose the electronics industry as my lifelong goal. A year later, in an abandoned garage, several friends and I set up Apple ... ... "

In a coffee shop, Eric gently stirring his coffee, patiently listening to Steve Jobs talk, this opportunity is not easy to meet, although Eric does not like Steve Jobs character, but he admires his talent.

After more than 10 minutes, Eric finally could not help but say: "Steve, have you ever reflected on yourself?"

The sudden interruption left a trail of displeasure on Jobs face, who asked: "reflect, why should I reflect?"

"For example, why were you driven out of Apple?"

Steve Jobs with a solemn face corrected:

"No, Eric, I wasn't driven out of Apple, I gave up apple voluntarily."

Eric shrugged and said: "Look, this is a flaw in your personality, you're not willing to compromise, which also led to a bottleneck in the development of both you and Apple. If you had made an appropriate compromise with Apple board of directors a few years ago, perhaps you can continue to stay in apple. With your strength, getting the leadership of Apple back again is a piece of cake."

Steve Jobs retorted: "If I made the first compromise, Those guys would force me to do it a second time, then a third time or even more compromises."

Eric chuckled and shook his head, He understood that it is absolutely impossible to convince this paranoid young man. And now that he's taking Pixar, he didn't know if Steve Jobs will ever return to Apple in the future.

In the past, Steve Jobs was able to achieve such dazzling achievements, in addition to his talent and perseverance, Luck also accounted for a large part.

If he had sold Pixar before, there would be no dazzling successes story after the release of 《Toy Story》, and he himself is more likely to be the target of ridicule. In that case, perhaps the desperate Apple would rather file for bankruptcy, then invited Steve Jobs back.

Eric didn't want to persuade Steve Jobs either, shifting the subject to the topic the two of them meet for today: "Let's talk about Pixar, Steve, since you've found me, that means you're taking my offer, right?"

Steve Jobs hesitated for a moment, The reason why he arranged this meeting, is he wanted to meet Eric face to face so he can persuade him to raise the price, he was quite confident in his eloquence.

Unfortunately, he just said so much, the young man didn't interrupt him, but he showed an unmoved appearance. Eventually, he knew that if he said a word about increasing the price, The other party would act like last time on the phone, he will directly walk out on him.

"Eric, I agree with the $20 million offer, but all the money must be paid in one go."

"No problem," Eric put down his cup of coffee, and happily snapped his fingers.