2. Club Initiation

I feel like everything new should have an initial start, you know? Like when you open a restaurant you should have a grand opening with like a discount or something.

Well, for my club, I decided that I should have an initiation. I know, I know. I may be taking this club thing a little seriously. What can I say? I really do have a pure hate for 5 Seconds Of Summer.

I walked into the geometry classroom. This is where all my meetings were going to be held. It was small, but comfy.

Today is the day of the first meeting and I'm hoping for at least twenty people to come, but I can't keep my hopes up too high.

"Katie! Hey!" I looked up as I saw my best friend, April walk over towards me. She looked weirdly happy.

"Hey April. I thought you liked 5sos. Change your mind?" I looked at her with confusion.

"Oh, definitely not. I'll always love 5sos. I just wanted to laugh at you when nobody comes to your meeting. But I still don't understand why you hate them so much." Yeah. I haven't told anyone how 5sos connects to the incident, not even April. It's just too personal.

I glared at her. So that's why she's so happy? Well she'll have to suck it when ten billion people show up.

"Way to be a supportive friend. You know that I'll get people. They're plenty of people who dislike 5sos." April just looked at me with disbelief with her green eyes.

I was always jealous of her eyes. All I had were some lame hazel eyes with short, brown hair. And of course, April has fabulous long blonde hair.

"You know me. The supportive friend." I scoffed at her remark as I saw a girl enter the room.

"Um, is the meeting for the 5 Seconds of Summer hate club?" She was wearing a frilly pink dress with pink glasses, and she looked unusually old for a highschooler. The first thing I thought was "nerd", but that would be mean of me. I know she means well.

"Yes. So glad you could make it. I'm Katie." I held out my hand so she could shake it. I tried to hold in my sarcasm. I didn't want a bunch of nerds filling up my club.

"I'm Eugenia," she answered while shaking my hand. I noticed that she took out a hand sanitizing wipe after to cleanse herself of my germs. Rude!

"So, you hate 5sos too?" I asked out of curiosity. I mean, she looked like the kind of gal who would like 5sos. Fangirlin' it up, with her pink frills and and all.

"Well, problem is," she wheezed, "I really do like 5sos. It's just that my parents believe that they are a bad influence on me." At first I thought she was joking. I almost started to laugh out loud, but then I realized that she wasn't kidding. This was some strange girl.

I saw April laughing silently behind her. "Well, Eugenia, welcome to the club." She nodded and sat down at one of the desks and started reading a textbook.

After a few minutes of waiting for more people, the turnout was pretty awesome. I got nineteen people to come. Most were guys just there as a joke, but I saw a few hardcore haters.

I thanked everyone for coming and told them about my plan for the club. We would go on strike against screaming fans and even start our own website. But my real plan was to go to their concert, which was a week away, and start our own booing session. Call me crazy, but that's what I do as a true hater.

I decided that an initiation wasn't necessary because that would probably scare everyone away. And I needed members, like bad.

After the meeting I got many signatures, but I knew the second meeting wouldn't have as many people attending. But oh well, at least I have my club, and I knew that Eugenia was gonna be there.

*******************

At dinner my family happened to coincidentally be talking about a certain upcoming concert. I braced myself for pure excitement from every member at the table, excluding me, of course.

"I'm just soooooo excited. One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer all in one! And right here in New Orleans!" I stared at my twelve-year old sister with annoyance as she went off about her excitement for the concert.

My sister, Rebecca, looks a lot like me. She's petite, as is the rest of the family. But lucky enough as she is, she got my mom's blue eyes. So I'm jealous of her eyes too.

"Oh, please, Rebecca, they're just bands. There's no need to freak out about them." I said this while chewing on my broccoli.

"Mouth closed, Katie! I can see the food splattering all over!" My mother looked at me with disappointment. "Rebecca can be as excited as she wants. I'm even excited for the concert as is your father!" I rolled my eyes. My dad was practically jumping up and down in his chair. They got my dad too. It was getting bad.

"Dad, they can't take you too!" My dad just gave me a confused look. Nobody understood my true thoughts about 5sos. My family never really realized that I hated them because they reminded me too much of her.

They thought I was crazy for thinking they would 'take everyone away with their evil powers' but it's true.

"Well, now that I see what this band has done to everyone, I won't get mesmerized by their evil power." My whole family just gave me a whatever look. How could they not see what was happening? "Whatever. I'm going to my room." Nobody listened as I walked up the stairs. They were so ignorant.

When I reached my room, I went straight to my laptop. I decided to start the website. It would be called 5soshaterzz.com, and it would be amazing. As I typed I realized that my website had to be found out by people.

Coincidentally, I had bucket loads of followers on all my accounts, hopefully most of them 5sos haters, so I'd be fine with the website popularity conflicts. I watched as I saw the number of views on my website increase. I felt good that I wasn't the only person who hated 5sos. Then I saw some comments come in:

how could you hate 5SOS?!?!?!?! they r the best band in the world.

Nobody visits this site! whoever started this is a heartless person.

5sos is the best. i cant believe you could ever hate them so much as to start a hate website for them.

I felt relieved when I saw this one comment though:

YEAH! 5SOS Haturs unite!

Obviously this guy was an idiot, but at least I had someone on my side. I knew that this club wouldn't be easy, but I didn't know that so many people would recognize my hate website that were against me. I closed my eyes and thought.

This is for you Katrina.