6. Any Regrets?

KATIE'S POV

I found myself driving to the small park near my house. It had a play set and two sets of swings. I don't know why, but I was crying. Well, actually, I do know why.

I had just found out that my ex-friend is a psychopath. But there was something else. Oh, yeah.

Luke kissed me.

Where did he get the nerve to kiss me? We knew each other for only a few hours, and he decides to kiss me? I touched my fingers to my lips.

The kiss felt so good, even though I pulled away so quickly. I could still feel the heat and sparks from it.

I got out of my car and went over to one of the swings. I didn't have the energy to swing, so I kind of just sat on the swing.

Now, you may be wondering why, at around 3 a.m., I'm sitting on a swing in a park by myself after finding out that one of my acquaintances is a psychopath. Well, I'm wondering the same thing. I just didn't want to go back to my home and face my family. I was too scared to be able to trust anyone.

For all I knew, my next door neighbor could be a psychopath also.

So here I am, sitting all alone, sad and pathetic, when I see a car drive up to the park. It was a black car with tinted windows.

I saw a tall figure come out from it. Who would be out at the park at this time?!

I squinted as I saw the figure walk closer to me. It was Luke! Surprise, surprise. I waited for him to reach me.

When he got close enough so that I could see his face, I saw that he looked exhausted. I mean, the kid just performed a concert and now he's still awake at three a.m.

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked quietly. He sat down on the swing next to me. He looked kind of sad.

"I followed you. But the real question is, why are you out here in this park all alone?" I stared at him silently. He was worried about me?

"Well, I guess I didn't feel like going home." I watched as he continued to look at me intently. We were silent for awhile.

"Look, I'm sorry for-" I interrupted him. I just wanted us to forget about what happened. I knew that he was regretting it. But was I?

"Can we just, forget what happened?" He was silent, but I saw him nod slightly. "Aren't you supposed to be in a hotel or something?" I asked him to change the subject. He really did look down.

"Yeah, but after what happened, I didn't really want to go back. What about you? You're supposed to be home, right?" I nodded.

"Same reason as you." He quietly chuckled. His laugh was cute.

I suddenly realized that I was staring at him. "What are you looking at?" He asked with curiosity.

"I just noticed that you look cute when you laugh." I said before I could have the chance to hold it back. He looked at me seriously.

"That's exactly why I like you. Most girls wouldn't have the guts to say that. I like how you say what's on your mind and not hold anything back." I felt my face heat up as he said these words. He liked me? Why would he like me?

Then I heard his stomach growl. I laughed.

"Here, come with me, I want to take you somewhere so you can fill that stomach up." He looked at me embarrassed. "Tell your driver you're safe with me. I promise I'm not crazy like Eugenia." He nodded as he went over to tell the driver.

We got in the car and drove off. I knew exactly where I was going to take him. He was basically a tourist, and where can you go to eat at 3 a.m. in New Orleans? Well, I knew the place.