Short but Sweet

Quick A/N: the characters here are heavily influenced by the koopalings displayed in the Se7en Siblings blog on Tumblr, you should check it out, the responses to their questions are edgy as crap. I also added an external link to it if you'd like to see.

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

__________________________________________

(Y/n)'s breath hitched for a moment when she looked over a sheet of paper laid flat out for her. The pang in her heart beating faster with each passing moment, she tapped her nails on the polished table for a brief second before turning it over with one swift movement.

A perfect 10/10. She relaxed her shoulders and let go a sigh she didn't even realize she was holding in. "You passed the test?" (Y/n) slowly turned to look into a pair of vibrant blue eyes. "Y-yeah. What'd you get?" The new student, Wendy, or so she remembered, gave an uninterested look. "Ugh, I got a 6/10, I didn't study, like, at all. But that's obvious, cause I'm like, new, ya know." Wendy scowled at (Y/n) for a moment before getting up from her seat to toss some gum away that had recently lost its flavor.

(Y/n) was in her math class now, and as mentioned, she had just received her test back and passed with flying colors, but was still perplexed because the topic had been most difficult.

"Wow, you actually study? Ha ha, nerd."

(Y/n) once again swiveled her head to see Roy, smiling triumphantly, who was another of the group of new kids. She let out a wry chuckle and and smiled weakly. "Hahaha, yeah, that's me..."

Letting out a heavy sigh, (Y/n) folded the paper carelessly and stuffed it down into her (f/c) backpack. Afterwards, she watched as Roy stood up to speak to Wendy for a moment before sitting back down, snickering loudly.

Before she could ask what was funny, Wendy broke the news over to her. She was in a small fit of giggles before she answered, still laughing, "Ahaha, it's just that-*WHEEZE* I can't explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!!"

They both laughed uncontrollably, Wendy clutching her stomach with both arms and bent over, and Roy silently laughed while he clapped like a retarded seal.

"Haha, yeah, very funny guys..." (Y/n) replies sadly, tears threatening to spill, her vision clouded through the waterworks. Before any of them could say anything, she slung her backpack over her shoulder and left class.

Time Skip: Another 2 hours...during lunch...

"Ugh, it's hell trying to sit with them." (Y/n) says, before taking a chew from her biscuit. Her friend, (f/n), agreed on the matter. "Of course it is, I was sitting next to the white-haired one, and he wouldn't shut up about himself and other random shit that he said."

"Ya know, sometimes I feel that you're the only one who can truly understand me." She beamed at her friend before departing for a moment. "Gotta use the bathroom, be back." "Okay, meet at the same place?" Already walking away, she yells back, "Of course!"

Her smile faltered once she left, a look of sorrow took its place instead. Hanging her head low, she never noticed once she tripped over someone.

"Oh shit I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I'm sorry!!" (Y/n) apologizes profusely, picking herself up from the cold pavement quickly and hauling the other person to their feet. "Nah, it's okay, I didn't see you there."

"Oh thank go-" (Y/n) pauses when her eyes meet get another of the new students. He was the short rainbow-haired one there, she mentally scrambled for his name. "Shit, um...sorry, er-"

A warm and genuine smile placed itself onto his smol face as he answered, "Lemmy." "Oh! Uh..right! Lemmy." she says, nervous giggles escaping her lips. He laughs with her regardless, and says, scratching the crook of neck, "Yeah, I just wanted to get away from my siblings for a moment and just enjoy the scenery. Only if the scenery wasn't so plastered with a whole lotta kids that stare."

"Ah, I see, yeah, I get what ya mean." (Y/n) says, tearing her eyes away for a moment with slight guilt. "Wait, who are your siblings?" Lemmy lets out a laugh before answering, "The rest of the weird-looking kids of course!"

(Y/n)'s face was filled with surprise and hops around for a bit before replying, "No, no way, really? All of them?" "Yeah!"

The pair burst into laughter and only stopped in a moment of grief once everyone's attention was focused on them.

"Oh, well, I didn't think that all of you guys were related. I assumed that you were all best friends or something." (Y/n) explains, quickly remembering what Wendy and Roy had said to her. She must have looked sad or something, because in the next moment, Lemmy gave her a dejected look as he whispers, "Yeah, but...they didn't say anything...did they?"

(Y/n)'s smiled was wiped clean off her face, avoiding his gaze and played with her fingers. "Of c-course not, they didn-" Lemmy interrupted her. "I know they did. I could tell. I see that look all the time. What did they say."

(Y/n) looked at the shorter boy and felt a slight sense of fear. His question sounded more like a command as she answers, "Wendy and Roy, they..." He clutches both of her hands in his smol ones, trying to be reassuring. "Yes?" He breathes, with much more intensity.

(Y/n) thought that, for a moment, she felt her heart soar into oblivion. She felt her face heat up a bit, and managed to find it in herself to continue when she realizes more people are staring.

"They just told me a joke, that's all...it was nothing, really."

Lemmy's face contorted into something that (Y/n) could distinguish as anger, as he suddenly runs off somewhere else, muttering something along the lines of, 'those bastards'.

Bewildered and unsure of what to say, she shouts after him, "Uhh...bye..?"

_______________________________________________________________

hot diggity dog. another chapter. But then again, i thought this one came out much more better than my last one. Don't hesitate to comment or vote! And let me know how I did this time!